Two Notes IR help - Metal/Doom/Sludge

PsychoholicSlag

Hey guys, we're going to use a few IR's to help round out and add a little more depth to our recordings. I purchased the NOS V30 and it sounds pretty rad, but I want to see what you guys use as it's been out for a bit and I know yall probably have a few IR's that you love.

Looking for something that can translate the low end well, think of High on Fire/Sludge to heavy down tuned Doom tones.

Amps used are a Laney GH100R, Laney AOR, Traynor YSR and a Jet City.

Also, if you have any tips on getting the best tone and feel out of the Two Note's IR please let me know, I'd like the best from what I can do.

Thank you so much.

Hey dude, I love those laneys! The Nos v30 is one of the best virtual cabs. If you want to use a dynamic mic - the d421 is ur best friend. Just make sure u cut like 6-12 of the 6000 freqs and center it about 5ish %. Also, use the sim power section - 6l6s- pentode mode always. Then you could try tracking another guitar using the ribbon 121, but this time make sure you cut some of the low freqs and boost the 6000s a bit. The ribbon mics give too much bass and I always tend to cut the low freqs when recording. Try experimenting and let me know!

sotosprince":1s0t2m6b said:
Hey dude, I love those laneys! The Nos v30 is one of the best virtual cabs. If you want to use a dynamic mic - the d421 is ur best friend. Just make sure u cut like 6-12 of the 6000 freqs and center it about 5ish %. Also, use the sim power section - 6l6s- pentode mode always. Then you could try tracking another guitar using the ribbon 121, but this time make sure you cut some of the low freqs and boost the 6000s a bit. The ribbon mics give too much bass and I always tend to cut the low freqs when recording. Try experimenting and let me know!

Oh shit you're back with even more awesome info, thank you again bud. A starting point will definitely help me on this, so this info is greatly appreciated.

PsychoholicSlag":1oiommz8 said:
sotosprince":1oiommz8 said:

Oh shit you're back with even more awesome info, thank you again bud. A starting point will definitely help me on this, so this info is greatly appreciated.
No worries dude, I get really stoked when it comes to IRs and recording! Feel free to pm me anytime! Also, check out my youtube channel. Lots of clips and more to come in the near future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmCbelIQmVQ

Back