Looking for fitting Studio monitors

belereon

Hi guys,
I'm using the trial version of WOS right now and will probably buy it. I tested it with headphones and I'm quite impressed but what can I use for playing without them? I have a good hifi setup but I'm afraid of damaging my cabs when I use Octavers and Fuzzes. Are studio monitors the way to go? How have you guys done it?
Btw I'm using the plugin mostly for silent jamming, not really for recording.

Thanks,

Belereon

belereon":wm41upcy said:
Hi guys,
I'm using the trial version of WOS right now and will probably buy it. I tested it with headphones and I'm quite impressed but what can I use for playing without them? I have a good hifi setup but I'm afraid of damaging my cabs when I use Octavers and Fuzzes. Are studio monitors the way to go? How have you guys done it?
Btw I'm using the plugin mostly for silent jamming, not really for recording.

Thanks,

Belereon
Get urself a nice pair of JBL LSR 305 and thank me later ;)

Thanks. They seem to be a good recommendation. Right now I'm still going through the cabs, the Angl VintC and the BoGreen seem to be fitting for my Laney IRT Studio.
Do you guys have different presets for clean/Crunch/High Gain or do you hav any recommendation for Cabs who work in all areas since I dont use them for recording but for jamming at Bedroom levels and change channels all the time.

I would use different cabinets for different types of tones, but that must be because I am spoiled and have access to the whole database. ^^

Hey, I wanna be spoiled too. :D

As I wrote before, the Angl VintC and the BoGreen are on my list. Do you have any recommendations for a warm Clean tone so that I can get a bit of slightly overdriven Stevie Ray Vaughan tone going?

belereon":3k7ay17r said:
Hey, I wanna be spoiled too. :D

As I wrote before, the Angl VintC and the BoGreen are on my list. Do you have any recommendations for a warm Clean tone so that I can get a bit of slightly overdriven Stevie Ray Vaughan tone going?
Trial and error will get you there, my friend! I really love the BoGreen! Having said that, I would definitely recommend you try the new boogie cabs! They are awesome!

For clean tone I often come back to the Wattfan (Hiwatt with Fane speakers) and for rhythm/distortion either BritVintC or NOS V30.

Back