New Captor distorting

Rob77

Hi all,

I just bought a new Captor 16ohm and using it with a 15W tube amp.
I am generally using this for live situations and not recording as some venues have a ban on backline amplification.

I did a test drive at home through my mix desk and into my floor monitor at a generous volume and it sounded great, with cleans being quite clean, using the inbuilt speaker sim.

Then I used it for the first time at a gig last weekend, and couldn't get a clean signal, it was distorting a bit, and even after I backed off the gain on my amp to about a 2, and master prob about 8, Captor level set to half.
But no matter how I adjusted the levels - I couldn't clean up the signal. There is a sound engineer at the venue who was doing the mixing and unsure if the problem lay with me or possibly him?

At home I can achieve a clean sound, so I don't understand why it was distorting at this venue? Is there something the sound guy may have been doing that I should say something next time?

Hi Rob, any possible other parameter than the sound guy at the venue?

Do you remember what output he was using on the Captor? If it was the XLR (it should be) did he send phantom power?

guillaume_pille":2hajl4g2 said:
Hi Rob, any possible other parameter than the sound guy at the venue?

Do you remember what output he was using on the Captor? If it was the XLR (it should be) did he send phantom power?

Hello,

thank you for the reply, sorry taking me so long - christmas holidays and all!
Sorry I don't know what parameters he was using, though I do know they were using XLR and phantom power as I had requested it.
Regards,

Rob

Back