Questions For Live Torpedo

maxiblues

Hi all
I'm newbie and I'm thinking the idea to buy a Two notes Torpedo Live. I've always been a tube amp lover but I also always had problems to use them in my home studio especially the night.
Software like Bias Amplitube ecc has not impressed me so I find the Torpedo Live on youtube and I'm wondering if it would be ok for me.
I need a cabinet emulator / load box for record my guitars on Logic Pro X and Torpedo allows to use my Marshall and soldano Head, and play my guitar in my apartment in the middle of the night.
I usually use Logic Pro X and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 as sound card.
Could Torpedo Live be good for me? It's possible to use Torpedo Live with my Focusrite SoundCard.
Unfortunately I have no way to try it and I would not lose my money.
If someone have some experience of this please let me know
Many Thanks
Kind Regards
Massimo

@maxiblues Yes, exactly. I've been using my Torpedo Live like that for two years now­. One of my great gear purchase ever. There are cheaper options but none better as far as I'm concerned.

Many Thanks guys for your Help! I actually have two Marshall, Plexy 1987 and 1959 and one SLO100 that I'd like to use on my Home Studio.
For 50W head I supposed that it will be ok but for 100W heads is it recommended to use an attenuator before Torpedo?
How do you use FX ? You prefer to use your Amp FX loop or wet your tone after on your DAW ?
Many thanks
Cheers
Massimo

My amps are all 100w & I crank them up high (not all the way though,that seems extreme)
And just like traditional mic techniques, you can use your fx loop if you wish
I use eq in the loop but for delays I usually like the control of using plugins

crankyrayhanky":1hcy5n3y said:
My amps are all 100w & I crank them up high (not all the way though,that seems extreme)
And just like traditional mic techniques, you can use your fx loop if you wish
I use eq in the loop but for delays I usually like the control of using plugins

I need to find the money .... :D :D

Back