Double Tracking Milking On or Off?

BatmansRigTalk

I use Reaper for recording. A Focusrite Scarlett Solo. EVH5150III into a Two Notes Torpedo Live. I use Torpedo Remote.

My Mix Settings are basic. A Master Track with EQ FX and under the Master track are two tracks panned L and R.

With the Torpedo Live, clinking on and off the Milking Settings totally changes the tone, making it sound as if it is two tracks thick but also a big difference.

So I was recording with Milking On, a single Master Track instead of double the Master Track for Double Tracking.

However, I now seem to think that Milking Off is better and going with Double Tracking in Reaper instead.

I can't remember now if when you turn off Milking, that the sound changes or not. So is Milking just a method of helping to get more precise with your tone and then turning off Milking and double recording in the DAW?

Or have I got this all wrong?

When you turn the miking OFF, you deactivate the whole speakersim processing. So you hear, well, the sound directly out of your amp.

With clean tones it will sound a little like an acoustic guitar, why not, but with distortion it should be quite awful. :)

guillaume_pille":1kg5uwbv said:
When you turn the miking OFF, you deactivate the whole speakersim processing. So you hear, well, the sound directly out of your amp.

With clean tones it will sound a little like an acoustic guitar, why not, but with distortion it should be quite awful. :)

Ah okay, thanks.

BTW I had on and off mixed up, which is why I thought it sounded better OFF when it was on. I thought to press ON locked it down or something when it was turning it all off.

Oh, OK, well when you turn it off the whole menu disappears (where you can move the microphones and stuff), that's a way to know. ;)

It's good news that you actually prefer when the speakersim is ON, otherwise the product would be pretty useless to you ha ha.

When OP wrote Milking in the title, I thought typo. But now I see it all over the posts and wonder if I'm missing out on some sweet and creamy cow parameter

iStock-512176333-680x340.jpg

Great product by the way. The new dual mics sound amazing on the Live. :rock:

Back