Using Amp Effectloop for 2 notes CAB M & CAB

Robbie1980

@Two notes,

I'm using a 100 watt Mesa Boogie dual rec with a 2x12 Engl cabinet. As i don't want to haul the cabinet to gigs all the time plus utillize the flexibility at home the products CAB and CAB M seem appropriate.

Some questions remain though for both products:

- Can i connect my amp using the effect loop to the CAB and/or CAB M thus using the full range speaker simulations and mics etc. available going via DI to PA? Or hooking up a headphone too it. Which of your products suits this better? the CAB or CAB M or both?

- Can i connect my amp using the effect loop (technically bypassing the powerstage ) and choose a powersection (6LR6, EL34, KT88 etc. ) ? either sending the signal DI to PA, using headphones or connecting to my own 2x12 speaker?

Looking forward to your reply.

Greets Rob

Hey Rob,

- Can i connect my amp using the effect loop to the CAB and/or CAB M thus using the full range speaker simulations and mics etc. available going via DI to PA? Or hooking up a headphone too it. Which of your products suits this better? the CAB or CAB M or both?

You can do that with both teh CAB M and CAB, BUT make sure the loop is active when the power section is bypassed (Stanby). Otherwise, you'd have to keep the power amp stage ON with no cabinet attached, which means potential trouble (ie destruction of something in the amp, at the very least the output tubes).

- Can i connect my amp using the effect loop (technically bypassing the powerstage ) and choose a powersection (6LR6, EL34, KT88 etc. ) ? either sending the signal DI to PA, using headphones or connecting to my own 2x12 speaker?

The power amp modelling in the TN products is not "real power". So, yes you should use that processing when going direct to PA, but you won't be able to power a real cabinet out of the Torpedo CAB/M

Back