Cab m and IR’s

ACD123

Few questions re loading Celestion IR into the Cab M.

I purchased a lot for use with my iPad and want to get them into the cab m but totally stumped how to do it.

Can I load straight to the memory card, if so do I take it out of cab m and use with PC or with Cab M connected to a PC.

If the IR is on the memory card do I still get to keep all the cabs already in the cab m or do I need to delete to make room for them.

What rate is best? The Celestion website has a download for Toroedo cab at 48 kHz but I thought Cab M was 96Khz.

Not much info in the manual about this
Any help really appreciated

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

first of all, do you talk about the Celestion cabinets in the Tn format or their wave files?

If you talk about the format, the frequency is not really relevant but I'll talk to them about what they put on the website, anyway you will need Torpedo remote our your computer and load the cabinets into the internal memory. As the memory is full with 32 cabinets you will have to remove a few (don't worry they are still in your license and on your computer and cab be downloaded anytime).

On the SD card you can load 3rd party IRs such as the Celestion cabinets but in wave file format, thus my initial question. ;)

guillaume_pille":u5o20klc said:
Hi Duncan,

first of all, do you talk about the Celestion cabinets in the Tn format or their wave files?

If you talk about the format, the frequency is not really relevant but I'll talk to them about what they put on the website, anyway you will need Torpedo remote our your computer and load the cabinets into the internal memory. As the memory is full with 32 cabinets you will have to remove a few (don't worry they are still in your license and on your computer and cab be downloaded anytime).

On the SD card you can load 3rd party IRs such as the Celestion cabinets but in wave file format, thus my initial question. ;)

Hi,

That makes sense now.
I couldn’t load in the IR on torpedo remote as the cab m memory is full,
I tried the TN format and will stick with that when I try again.

Looking at your reply I will stick to loading on the SD card for now.

Thanks for all your hail again,

Must say I’m very impressed with both the Cab M and support.

Tried again and can get the IR on the SD card but when I try and access it I get the following

No valid data.

Tried both the Wav file and the TN

I’m downloading from the Celestion site to a pc folder

Connect Cab M and mount the SD card

Open the file on my computer as usb drive

Drag and drop to usb drive

After I mount and restart the cab m the IR show up but when I try an access I get the No valid data message

After opening a ticket with the help,team I had a revelation..
Needed to load on SD card via the two notes impulse folder.
Also was trying to acces the ir directly form the sd card,
Hint form the help team was to load the ir via the miking section.

Soreted now and have my Celestion irs to use as well as the two notes cabs

?

Also

You can load the ir directly from the sd card and use it.

You have to set the miking section to ‘ir loader’ then go to the memory card.

Easier as you have all of the ir in a list and can scroll down then access by pressing the enter dial.

:thumbsup:

guillaume_pille":o1lp95hs said:
How many BILLIONS of files do you plan to host on that card?? ha ha

Haha, it is ridiculous, but its only $7, what can I do...it seem fiscally responsible for the extra $1? :)

It is probably counter intuitive, even on the pc after 5 min's it's hard to tell which cab impulse I even like better...switching through them gives quick ear fatigue.

ACD123":6t1j16i9 said:
After opening a ticket with the help,team I had a revelation..
Needed to load on SD card via the two notes impulse folder.
Also was trying to acces the ir directly form the sd card,
Hint form the help team was to load the ir via the miking section.

Soreted now and have my Celestion irs to use as well as the two notes cabs

?

i don't get this, i can't figure out how to load the IR's on to the SD card (do i connect it like a drive? can i load them while it's inside the CAB M?)

Then how do I read them from the remote software? How from the hardware.

I downloaded the wav files from Celestion...that is the only format right? The two notes download from their site is still just wav files, i guess just cut to fit the 200ms limit.

It would be nice if this was added the manual in better detail.

Hi chrismilne,

are these instructions not clear enough? Let me know I'll have the guys rework it.

4.3.6.3 Memory card browser

The Torpedo C.A.B. M comes with a memory card of 256 MB to have access to more third party IRs in the IR loader mode. Here you can browse the IRs you have loaded on the memory card (only 48KHz .wav files are displayed). If you need to load other formats of IR files, please read below on how to do so using Torpedo Remote.

4.3.6.4 Memory card mount

When your Torpedo C.A.B M is connected to a computer, you can view the content of the memory card by pressing Enter (the right encoder knob) to mount the memory card. Your pedal will then show up as a storage unit in your computer.
When the memory card is mounted, the interface of the C.A.B. M is locked, in order not to interfere with the computer. Press ENTER once you finished editing, copying, moving or erasing files to unlock the C.A.B M.

http://wiki.two-notes.com/doku.php?id=torpedo_cab_m:torpedo_c.a.b._m_user_s_manual

i guess i didn't read the onboard menu section well enough, i was thinking everything was accessible via the Torpedo Remote software. I expected the IR's i loaded on the card to show up in the IR Loader in Torpedo remote, but it seems to load IR's in Torpedo remote you are browsing them on your computer, but to load them on the device through the Menu you use the memory card browser you referenced above, is that right?

It also looks like when browsing on the device it takes everything in folders you copied on the card and cycles through 1x1 as though there were no folders. I can see where trying to put a ton of IR's on here would be a bit counterproductive. I'lll have to spend some more time auditioning them on the computer and picking my favorites and only putting those on the memory card.

I plan to use this 99% of the time via the remote software as i'm mostly playing/recording at home, not traveling and playing.

Thanks, I think it was on me for not reading more carefully, thanks again for responding!

i guess i didn't read the onboard menu section well enough, i was thinking everything was accessible via the Torpedo Remote software. I expected the IR's i loaded on the card to show up in the IR Loader in Torpedo remote, but it seems to load IR's in Torpedo remote you are browsing them on your computer, but to load them on the device through the Menu you use the memory card browser you referenced above, is that right?

yes because we do not use the same protocole for the internal memory and the SD Card there are 2 different ways to access the memories. We will release an update to unify all that some day.

I agree that the instructions were a bit hidden, I already asked that they are put more clearly in the "3rd party IRs" section.

Hello! Tell me, what is the length allowed for downloadable IR files?

Sorry for my English, i'm using google translate.

the format we read is mono 48KHz 24 bits and up to 200ms, but if your file is longer Torpedo Remote will just truncate it before sending it to the unit.

guillaume_pille":lv0cc5pv said:
the format we read is mono 48KHz 24 bits and up to 200ms, but if your file is longer Torpedo Remote will just truncate it before sending it to the unit.
this length is correct for Torpedo Cab M?

Back