Torpedo Captor problem

Geno5150

So I've been recording with the captor for a few weeks and this thing sounds great. However tonight I hit a snag and can't figure this out. I wasn't able to get any sound into my DAW unless I also ran a speaker cable from the speaker out of the captor back to my marshall cab. Not a problem really except that I was no longer silently recording.

Normally I just plug my amp into the speaker in on the captor and use the xlr out to my audio interface. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Hi Geno5150,

that's a weird issue, it's like your THRU jack connector would be switched ON all the time.

If you try to plug/unplug a jack onto the THRU like a dozen of times, does the Captor come back to normal?

Can you please contact our Help Desk so our team helps you directly?

Awesome, good to read that. We'll check what was wrong with the unit, maybe try not to push too hard your amp just in case you fried something in the Captor the first time.

A 100W rated Marshall cranked can easily output 150W RMS.

I had the same problem. Today I plug it and there is no sound on the line ouput or the the RCA output. It just work as an atenuator using the outputs to de cabinet. The led is lighting but no sound. I try all the switch and volume positions. I tryed to not use the phantom and conect a 12v suplier, but same resoult.

Good morning @Paxofon

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear that. Ross from Two notes here. Could we ask that you contact our support desk please and a member of the team will get you up and running in no time. For convenience I have included a link below for quick reference.

> Support.Two-notes.com

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Ross

Back