Ultralinear poweramp emulation request.

DrV

Hi! Guillaume, is it possible to add a ultralinear mode to poweramp emulation of Torpedo? Is it possible to achieve that characteristics using built-in controls and algorithms? I suppose it's more complicated than just turn emulation off to get the clean poweramp tone of Sunn Model T, Marshall Model 1967 and so on because ultralinear is something between pentode and triode modes and is tricky after all :D Thanks!

Also, have you ever an idea to implement a acoustic feedback emulation in Torpedo? Like that in Digitech FreqOut but better. :D It's difficult to record experimental doom metal without devastating neighbours' ears :LOL: :LOL: Of course, there is the Softube VST emulation that I can use in DAW, but I believe you can do better that this ;)

By ultralinear you mean an AB class solidstate? We do not have any plan for that, not sure it will get a lot of people excited but I understand where you come from. ;)

So I'm not saying no but it will be rather low in our priority list. ;)

For the acoustic feedback we tried many algorithm and to be honest nothing really pleased me. There is also the question of the parameters (time before the feedback kicks in) and many fine tuning that are easy to do in real life (getting closer from the cabinet for example) and a bit of a pain to setup once and for all in a Torpedo (or address it with a MIDI volume pedal).

That's something I'll want to work again on one day. ;)

I see, thanks. Actually I meant 150w 4x6550 tube poweramp with ultralinear output transformer. In Model T Sunn used Dynaco ones if I remember correctly. It was an all-tube monster. :LOL: :LOL: Not everyone realizes that it's an ideal setup for fuzz and there's a whole bunch of fuzz maniacs in the world that WILL be excited :LOL: :LOL: All in all, lots of headroom, unique tone and reaction. Please look at the diagram.

Attachments

• sunn_model_t.jpg
    sunn_model_t.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 728
Back