Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Nov 12, 2019 4:28am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wall of Sound via WINE
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 14, 2019 12:58pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
Has anyone managed to get this working on Linux through WINE? The installation works, the issue is when it tries to verify the license. The process of logging in works, and it downloads the license fine, but when it tries to verify it, it immediately crashes. The program seems otherwise fine, which is rather frustrating.

Also, is WoS III still available anywhere on the internet? I wonder if it's possible to get that working.

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03, 2019 11:25am 
Hack

I would also be interested in this. I had mine working until the latest wine-staging 4.19 came out which broke it. Now WoS wants to be registered again which doesn't work anymore.
This is really sad and I can imagine that there's a considerable amount of users that switched to Linux and who want to continue using the plugin...

Last edited by C.O.D. on Mon, Nov 04, 2019 3:08am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03, 2019 12:45pm 
Apprentice NOOB

It would be great to see this working in WINE, and even better to see native Linux support. In fact, it seems like it will be possible to have a higher end recording setup using Linux in the near-ish future since 5.5 is getting Thunderbolt updates and REAPER, for example, already has experimental builds. I bet the people writing the drivers for audio interfaces would probably prefer working with a Linux kernel, too.

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 04, 2019 3:59am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Quote:
This is really sad and I can imagine that there's a considerable amount of users that switched to Linux and who want to continue using the plugin...

i'm afraid there is no study to support that, we get probably a request once or twice a year for Linux and the whole MI business doesn't care much for that OS.

Until there is a major change in favor of Linux-based audio workstation, we will focus on the TONS of macOS and Windows versions we already need to support. ;)

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two notes Help Desk

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 04, 2019 7:19am 
Hack

So maybe we should make a poll to see how much users are interested in this...

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 04, 2019 2:01pm 
Apprentice NOOB

guillaume_pille wrote:
Quote:

i'm afraid there is no study to support that, we get probably a request once or twice a year for Linux and the whole MI business doesn't care much for that OS.

Until there is a major change in favor of Linux-based audio workstation, we will focus on the TONS of macOS and Windows versions we already need to support. ;)

I count 3 requests in this thread alone, so your market appears to have grown a minimum of 50% :)

If you've already done the work for mac, you probably have most of the work done for Linux already. Have you considered native support for something like Debian or CentOS?