Torpedo Studio user IR length

Blues101

Hello and Happy New Year!

Does the the Torpedo Studio with Remote 5.1.1 (new firmware) support IR lengths longer than 20 ms?.

I ask because when I load IR's longer than 20 ms into the Torpedo hardware, I still see in the IR Manager the lengths are always 20 ms.

In the simulation mode, if I load an IR from the computer say for example 200 ms or 500 ms, it displays "40 ms" on screen and I can see the IR data (curve). But if I load in the Torpedo, it seems it cuts it down to 20 ms.

Hi Blues101,

it's still in 20ms in Studio, we have some CPU limitation that forces us to a full rewrite of the firmware. We couldn't find the time to do it YET. ;)

Ok thank you, we will wait patiently for this update ?

If the other units have it, the Studio being the top class unit should have it...

I really hope they do allow the ability to use longer ir 's I own the torpedo studio and recently bought a torpedo cab m, and now the torpedo studio is collecting dust mostly while I use the torpedo cab m . I like the 200ms ir feature , It allows me to add real room sounds to impulse responses which makes a huge difference in guitar tone. 20 or 40 ms is not enough to catch the room reflections if you mix in a room mic.
I would like to see more companies offer hardware ir loaders with longer lengths , the only one Ive ever heard of if the logidy epsi and its discontinued.
I hope two notes will continue to innovate and allow for 1 second plus ir in future in order to do real room reverb , its so much more natural than any simulated reverb.

So does the Wall Of Sound plugin does support the full length of the third party IR's? (say for example 200 or 500 ms).

I've been comparing loading a room impulse response in the Torpedo Studio and in the Wall of sound plugin.

So does the Wall Of Sound plugin does support the full length of the third party IR's? (say for example 200 or 500 ms).

Not at the moment, but WoS is due for a good cleaning this year.

I hope two notes will continue to innovate and allow for 1 second plus ir in future in order to do real room reverb , its so much more natural than any simulated reverb.

Message received. ;)

Back