Torpedo Cab M IR SD card format

jherculees100

In order for the cab to load ir's from the SD card what additional special formatting is needed? Im able to load them into memory using torpedo remote , but from the unit when trying to load I get a not a valid wav file error.

The files are mono 24 bit at 48k sampling rate and cut to 200ms .

Is there a certain amount of silence needed in the beginning of file or at the end ? some special formatting?

They load fine in vst plugins and using torpedo remote into the user IR slots , just not understanding why they wont load from the sd card, when commercial ir 's do load.
I compared the files with commercial ones and the only difference is they start a little earlier but I had to zoom in to the bit level ( they start on the 1st bit of the wave file , I tried inserting some space here but they still fail to load but only from the sd card.

Is there a software utility I can use to prep them to be compatible with torpedo sd card format ?

They are already 48k mono 24 bit , maybe there is a torpedo utility that will save them in the correct format at 200ms for the sd card to make it easier?

Hi jherculees100,

sorry for the late answer.

your files should be fine, please send a message to our help desk (and you can upload a file so we test it on our side). ;)

Did u get this sorted. I’m having ongoing issues I haven’t worked out with TN support. The SD card supplied 256mb will intermittently read okay but it’s erratic. It particularly fails to read sub folders. For ex. Folder Mesa Irs- with 10 irs. Folder Vox irs- with 10 irs. Sometimes they read sometimes they don’t. Anymore than two folders it usually won’t recognise and if it does you can’t scroll down all folders.
If you load on individual irs not in folders it will read up to 106 irs fine - if you try to put more on you can’t as the FAT file system the Cab-m uses to format the SD won’t allow it and you are prompted to create sub folders. Then you’re back to the original problem of it not reading more than 2 folders if at all

It won’t recognise any new sd cards I bought even if the CABM is used to format it. Won’t read and won’t mount. And it will not recognise NTFS full stop which is weird because FAT is old.

It’s brand new and I’ve tried every conceivable way to get this working but after nearly 10 days problem shooting I’m stumped. I’ve even tried loading through the miking section as I read on another forum but no good.

It’s just the sd loader. You can save user irs with torpedo remote to the hardware but that’s only for a limited amount of IRs. I’ve got 1000’s I want to put in separate folders and access.
Thanks

HI Johnny,

And it will not recognise NTFS full stop which is weird because FAT is old.

FAT is still pretty standard for that type of support, also NTFS is only compatible with Windows systems.

I asked to escalate your ticket to the lead developers.

Back