Torpedo Cab M - Awful background noise

Juan Garbayo

Hello everyone,

I am looking for help because, despite the fact that I have very good equipment, I keep getting a very annoying and low quality background noise when connecting my Torpedo CAB M to my computer.

I attach an audio file in which I play the G string of my guitar and in which you can hear the background noise I talk about that makes playing or recording impossible. The sound has been captured with my phone in front of my studio monitors.

I also attach a schematic diagram detailing the signal chain and the equipment I'm using.

The problem happens both using the two-notes "simulation" feature or a 2x12 celestion greenback IR I purchased (96 Khz, 200 ms).

I kindly ask for your support as quickly as possible because this is making my home recording sessions (to which I'm forced due to the COVID crisis) impossible.

My Firmware is up to date and I am using the Torpedo Remote software to load the IRs or control two notes simulation suite.

Thanks everyone for their help in this time of need!! :rock:

Best regards,

Juan

Attachments

• Noise background.mp3
    660.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Signal_Chain.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 163
Hi Juan,

wow I just listened to your example, that's bad, indeed. Not a typical noise I've experienced to be honest, sounds like something is distorted in the signal path, or a bad cable.

The "debug" process is always about simplifying the chain.

first of all, try amp -> cab M -> loadbox and use headphones in the cab m itself

Let me know if the weird noise is there already.

Then try amp -> loadbox -> computer and see if the noise is still there (without the cab m involved)

Let me know what you got in both cases.

Back