How to connect Cab M and Captor 16 Ohm?

blacklabel84

Hi y'all

I'm new to this whole recording with your amp and not micing the cab. Due to the Corona pandemic I would love to record with my VX Kraken at home and I have already bought the Captor 16 Ohm. However, I'm not too fond of working with the Wall of Sound software and I am thinking of ordering the Cab M (just because I still like to turn actual dials and I might use it in a live situation once concerts are a thing again).

My questions are about how to connect all the things together. I was thinking of doing the following: Amp out into the CAB M (with a speaker cable), then connect the CAB M with the speaker out to the Captor 16 Ohm (with another speaker cable). Or do I have to go into the Captor first?

The part that I am not sure of is whether I can go from the DI out (XLR) of the CAB M directly into the interface (level might be to high) or whether I would have to go from the Captor into the interface? The Captor is of course always connected in order to take the load. Just worried that the Captor might alter the sound.

With the second possibility: Can I then use the XLR out of the Captor into the interface or do I have to use the line out? And what kind of cable for the line out to the interface (normal jack or speaker cable)?

All help is appreciated! Thanks!

My questions are about how to connect all the things together. I was thinking of doing the following: Amp out into the CAB M (with a speaker cable), then connect the CAB M with the speaker out to the Captor 16 Ohm (with another speaker cable). Or do I have to go into the Captor first?

It doesn't change much, the simplest in terms of gain/volume control would be amp-> cab m -> cabinet with speaker cables.

The part that I am not sure of is whether I can go from the DI out (XLR) of the CAB M directly into the interface (level might be to high)

CAB M has an output level control, you'll be fine. ;)

Back