Captor x vs Captor 8 + WOS

doubleday

This question hast been asked in similar form and is also covered in the FAQ but I did not find the answer to my main question:

Will a Captor X sound different than a Captor 8 when I run it in my DAW with WOS using the same IR?

I understand that there are some feature differences like the virtual double tracking thing. But say I'm always running into a DAW and am only interested in recording. Is there any benefit using Captor X? I.e. does it have a different reactive load. Is there an advantage running the reactive load and the speaker system in an integrated box vs running the 2 process on 2 separate systems.

I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere. I did search but wasn't able to find a clear answer. What I read indicates that the results for my use case will be the same but I'm not really sure.

I feel like your particular results will be the same with the biggest benefit from the Captor's X coming if you decide to use it live. Then it'll be significantly more "robust"... if you use the additional features.

If you are adding all your cabs in post with WoS, I don't know it'd make sense to switch, unless you're like me and need the newest thing.

doubleday if you wanted to upgrade your system for residential use exclusively, a Torpedo Reload would be a better option IMHO.

Back