Torpedo Live into DAW question

dap9

I'm confused... I've watched the setup vids on YouTube and the people are using only a USB and then running the Line Out of the TL into their DAW. But in the manual, there is the pic below which is USB and S/PDIF, but no guitar cable from the TL to the input of the DAW. So I have mine set up w/ USB and S/PDIF, but it definitely sounds "off".

So I'll run a guitar cord from Line Out into my DAW, but should I do away w/ the S/PDIF? Also, my DAW has inputs for Line Level and Instrument Level. Which input should I use?

Thanks!
fetch.php

I usually use the analog outs anyway so I can run it into an external preamp fro color, but the digital S/PDIF should work. Check your settings on both ends, such as 24bit 44.1? If they are not in sync with your DAW session that will sound awful.

crankyrayhanky":2zcnc3zv said:
I usually use the analog outs anyway so I can run it into an external preamp fro color, but the digital S/PDIF should work. Check your settings on both ends, such as 24bit 44.1? If they are not in sync with your DAW session that will sound awful.

Thanks. I tweaked the settings and have it sounding good, but I'm getting some undesirable clicks/pops. They're subtle, but noticeable. The Torpedo Live can operate at 48 and 96 sampling rates, but only sounds good at 48 w/ my setup - no biggie. But no matter what I change my buffer to, I still get the clicks/pops.

Hopefully that will go away w/ the analog hookup. I'm using Bandlab as my DAW and a PreSonus AudioBox 1818vsl which has been discontinued so there are no new updates. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a new interface.

Back