Captor X and 16 Ohm cab.

Sergii

Hi everyone. Please help me to understand. If I use Captor X on MID and LOW attenuation level - we it be impedance mismatch with 16Ω cab?

I mean I understand if I turn off load (switching to FULL) then definitely yes, and as I understood from article from Two Notes - it's safe if it's one step difference (8Ω-16Ω). But if I use attenuation? Still mismatch?

No no no. I thought it will work with both :( Then I need two... Since I have two cabs 8 and 16. And now it's becoming a bit pricey.

But – is it safe to use it with 16Ω cab? Or should I return it and buy Torpedo Reload instead?

Basstyra":9cy5jrp8 said:
The impedance seen by the amp when using the Captor X is described here :

http://wiki.two-notes.com/doku.php?id=t ... tion_guide

When attenuated, the amp only sees the impedance of the internal loadbox in the Captor X.

Yes, I've read that it says "If your cabinet has a different impedance than the Captor X, you will have an impedance mismatch when the Volume Level switch is on FULL."

The question is if not, if LOW/MID attenuation - can I use 16Ω cab with 8Ω amp thru Captor X attenuation? is that safe? So basically Impedance is only important for Amp? Not for cab, right? Eventually I need to be careful only if I go FULL VOLUME to remember that I have 16Ω cab and I will get mismatch, right?

Like this: Amp set to 8Ω --> Captor X set VOLUME LOW/MID --> Cab 16Ω <-- Is that the right/safe way? No mismatch for Amp obviously but what about cab?

Back