Captor X, am I doing something wrong?

ChrisBond

Hello guys, hopefully i'm doing something wrong, because if not it means my amp need assistance :doh: .
So basically when I connect everything I have no sound at all, not just sound even the input level on torpedo remote doesn't show sign of life, now il try to explain my steps so maybe you can help me figure it out.
I've connect and registered my Captor X at my mac, downloaded automatically the new firmware and seems like the software uploaded on the Captor some cabs and presets :thumbsup: . Then I've connect my speaker cable to the amp speaker out 8 ohm to the Captor X speaker in, connected my headphones from the slot in the front of the Captor, turned on my amp (guitar plugged in) then nothing at all, no sound. Of course the Torpedo remote was still on and I was try to change cabs and everything but nothing. The only thing I noticed is that when I turn on or turn off the amp the input level raise up a bit showing that in theory there's signal but when I play or I touch the end of the cable connected to the amp, nothing at all non even low noise. I'm doing something wrong or maybe I have to make check my amp?

PS I've checked the guitar cable and it's fine, I don't have a cab at moment for try the amp without the Captor X, next week hopefully I can say if is a captor or a amp problem.

Hello Chris

what is your amp's brand and model?
Before trying your amp with the Captor X, have you been able to play your amp? you mention that you have no cabinet to test your amp. This is the first step to understand where the issue lies.
If you wish, you can open a ticket on the Two notes helpdesk (support.two-notes.com), and submit photos of the back of your amp with all the connections with the Captor X, please. This will help us also understand what could be the issue.

Chris I know it will sound stupid, but make sure the amp is not on standby. Yes, it happens, even to me. ;) Guitar pickup open, normal gain, channel level, master level on the amp.

If you play the amp and you push (significant) power into the Captor X you should hear the fan turning. If you have no level, no fan turning, the issue could be on the amp's side or the cable itself.

Back