CAB M question/ New guy here

Hohoagogo

Good day everyone! New here and have a couple of questions? There was recent post about re-amping with the CABM that may answer half my questions later, but here it goes: I am going to be tracking with an Audient ID22, so I want to run vocals out (re-amp) to the CAB M. I understand about unbalanced line signal out, and balanced line back in, BUT with the pre-amp feature, reverb, eq, power amp, cabs, mics, and all the other goodies in the CAB M, has anyone tried this yet? Sure I can use plug ins or outboard gear, but I figured since I was going to re-amp the bass and guitar through it anyway, why not just re-amp the vocals through the CAB M too? One other use I want to try is usuing the CAB M as sub-kick Mic for recording my bass drum? I will be using 2 mics so I can wire my other mic out of phase to the board, and keep the mic into the CAB M in phase. I understand that this is not actually what this pedal is designed for, but I like to think outside of the box sometimes, so it may end up being my all around go too pedal if I can get good results. So, how about it ladies and gentlemen? Is it doable, or should I just plan on setting up my outboard gear and using some plug ins?

Thanks

Johnny Starr

Hello Johnny

Yes it is possible to "reamp" with the C.A.B. M. As for the results you can expect, only tests and trials will show if it is worth using it this way. For your guitar, bass and keyboards tracks it will definitely work.
As for vocals, if you wish to apply a cabinet simulation to achieve a "telephone" style of vocals it should do the trick. But if the idea is to use it as a vocal preamp, my initial reaction would be to say no as the preamp is voiced for guitar or bass.

For the subkick mic, I did not understand how you physically wish to use the C.A.B M and the real mics. Again, it is a case of trial and error. You willnt do any harm to your pedal or your mics by trying to use the C.A.B M in a way it was not designed to, with mics, and these kind of levels.

Back