torpedo captor as dual cab load

ichocobo

I was wondering if i can use my torpedo captor as load for a single channel load in a head that has parallel outs (EVH 5150III 50W) so i can use my 1x12" greenback 8 ohm cab that it's rated for 25W use only. The idea is to plug the cab on one out and the captor on the other. No need to say that I don't have a clue of how load of dual cabs work, I don't know if power transfer is halved or what else happens...
any thoughts on this? any help is appreciated!

Edit: after some research, it seems that on diverse power ratings, the rule is to double the lowest rating. so if I put the captor on one side (100W) and the greenback cab on the other (25W), it might take a 50W load. Anyone can confirm this point?

Hello

the best setup in your case is to use the 4 ohms outputs of the amp, and connect the CAptor 8 and the cabient to each output in parallel mode. This way your amp will develop 50W at its output. The power is halved because you are playing at 4 ohms to two 8 ohms devices in parallel.

thank you, that confirms my first thought. The torpedo is really a versatile toy, I'm really happy with the purchase.

Back