Noise generated by new PREAMP (Torpedo Cab M)

alpalpal

Hi! I just bought a Torpedo Cab M. My idea was to use it as a "preamp-power amp-cab sim-balanced out" solution to go directly to PA, but I noticed a big amount of noise when I turn on the Preamp section, even if the gain it's so low that it's not even making the signal louder compared to go when it's off. So when the power amp section and miking section are ON it's fine,a tolerable level of noise, but as soon as I turn on the Preamp section it's just unusable. The noise gate is not very useful I've seen.
I would like to know if this is a normal thing and therefore I have to buy some kind of preamp pedal to pu before the Torpedo and turn the preamp section inside the Torpedo off.
Thanks

Alex

If it's a whistling noise and the noise gate doesn't help probably I had the same problem in the past.
Since i swapped the power lead with another one of the same power supply the noise is gone completely

Hello Alex, in order to help you as best as possible, can you submit a ticket on the helpdesk (support.two-notes.com), so the technical team get involved, please? We will need audio samples to monitor the noise.
Can you please describe as clearly as possible your whole rig in the ticket?
For the audio samples, please record with your guitar straight into the C.A.B M and the interface connected to the output of the C.A.B M. Please use the provided power supply.
I look forward to see your ticket on the helpdesk and guide you in solving the issue.

Back