Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

TGP is mystery to me, I read through threads in the pub and enjoy a few of them. But, I just have a hard time relating to some of those people, I just can't believe the first world problems some of them have. The latest being people wearing PJs, sweats, flip flops, etc. out in public, who gives a shit, what a bunch of group think children.

BrentSP":jhpdjp9r said:
I was banned temporarily yesterday. I'm not complaining, because I realize I didn't follow their rules correctly so it is what it is but I have to say, the reasons are quite petty.

1st warning - Member posted a guitar he was curious about purchasing and wanted to know what the going price was etc. I posted and gave info and also mentioned I had one for sale. Warning 1, No Soliciting outside the emporium.

2nd warning - I had been out of the loop on guitar gear for over a year and didn't realize Soldano SLO's went up on price. Saw one on the emporium for absurd amount of money and questioned the selling on his price. Warning 2, no heckling sellers over price.

3rd warning - Someone mentioned that the music scene in Austin, TX on 6th street is not the blues scene it once was and is now taken over by hip hop and pop artist. I posted and said to the effect I wasn't surprised because liberals have taken over in Austin. Banned, no political talk.

Been posting there since 2003 and never have received a warning. Fall of 2018 I received my 1st warning and then it went down hill from there lol

I was banned a few weeks ago as well. I too have been around since the beginning and never so much as had a warning. I didn't say anything political but I started a thread that people took off on and it and it got out of hand I guess. I never even saw it, I just got banned for it. Stupid.

I was...supposedly for 'insulting a member' that insulted me first and worse...I never posted anything there that wasn't factual and quality..the admins got really bent out of shape when I told them that if I was banned, they would have to immediately remove all my content from the board...they banned my IP address but actually did remove all my content

What a bunch of pussies..they actually tried to blackball me from at least two other gear forms via the email address I registered with them..

I hate that my first post here makes me look like I'm raw-assed, but sometimes I do have questions and other times I have answers to questions

Am I welcome here?

herewegoagain":3a8vy6un said:
I was...supposedly for 'insulting a member' that insulted me first and worse...I never posted anything there that wasn't factual and quality..the admins got really bent out of shape when I told them that if I was banned, they would have to immediately remove all my content from the board...they banned my IP address but actually did remove all my content

What a bunch of pussies..they actually tried to blackball me from at least two other gear forms via the email address I registered with them..

I hate that my first post here makes me look like I'm raw-assed, but sometimes I do have questions and other times I have answers to questions

Am I welcome here?

Welcome aboard brother. Fuck those d-bags.

petee":1q92bbax said:
TGP is mystery to me, I read through threads in the pub and enjoy a few of them. But, I just have a hard time relating to some of those people, I just can't believe the first world problems some of them have. The latest being people wearing PJs, sweats, flip flops, etc. out in public, who gives a shit, what a bunch of group think children.

This times infinity. Right now there's a thread about receiving a pedal with a shipping label on the pedal's original box.

With that said, every forum has crap topics or members to sift through.

[/quote] Welcome aboard brother. Fuck those d-bags.[/quote]

Thanks..this place definitely has a different 'aura'...in a good way...Even on good technical topics over there, you get so many irrelevant opinionated replies that the content gets buried in bullshit...

I'm going to wade in slowly here..but in case anybody actually cares, it is not possible to offend me...I'll never whine

But as a side note: Does an electric guitar with a nitro finish really have more scooped mids than one with a poly coat ?

Welcome aboard brother. Fuck those d-bags.[/quote]

Thanks..this place definitely has a different 'aura'...in a good way...Even on good technical topics over there, you get so many irrelevant opinionated replies that the content gets buried in bullshit...

I'm going to wade in slowly here..but in case anybody actually cares, it is not possible to offend me...I'll never whine

But as a side note: Does an electric guitar with a nitro finish really have more scooped mids than one with a poly coat ?[/quote]

That's a TGP question. Lolol.

On a side note (somewhat related to my last post). Do most of the TGP guys actually play the guitar? or post, buy, argue about first world problems, and masturbate over PRS' with ugly ass gaudy tops? Lol.

I play 90 minutes a day six days a week. I have a timeclock app on my phone to make sure I get my time in. Solid recommendation to watch your practicing.

swamptrashstompboxes":32kgu26s said:
On a side note (somewhat related to my last post). Do most of the TGP guys actually play the guitar? or post, buy, argue about first world problems, and masturbate over PRS' with ugly ass gaudy tops? Lol.

I play 90 minutes a day six days a week. I have a timeclock app on my phone to make sure I get my time in. Solid recommendation to watch your practicing.

I play all the time too..and since I started recording my stuff, I've made more progress in the last 2 years than in the previous 30

If you want see real fucked up go to Les Paul Forum 53-60 section and watch these guys go on and on. Oh and then there`s Joe Bonamassa, total circle jerk.

Killcrop":eul0xl0p said:
BrentSP":eul0xl0p said:
I was banned temporarily yesterday. I'm not complaining, because I realize I didn't follow their rules correctly so it is what it is but I have to say, the reasons are quite petty.

1st warning - Member posted a guitar he was curious about purchasing and wanted to know what the going price was etc. I posted and gave info and also mentioned I had one for sale. Warning 1, No Soliciting outside the emporium.

2nd warning - I had been out of the loop on guitar gear for over a year and didn't realize Soldano SLO's went up on price. Saw one on the emporium for absurd amount of money and questioned the selling on his price. Warning 2, no heckling sellers over price.

3rd warning - Someone mentioned that the music scene in Austin, TX on 6th street is not the blues scene it once was and is now taken over by hip hop and pop artist. I posted and said to the effect I wasn't surprised because liberals have taken over in Austin. Banned, no political talk.

Been posting there since 2003 and never have received a warning. Fall of 2018 I received my 1st warning and then it went down hill from there lol

I was banned a few weeks ago as well. I too have been around since the beginning and never so much as had a warning. I didn't say anything political but I started a thread that people took off on and it and it got out of hand I guess. I never even saw it, I just got banned for it. Stupid.

That sucks. I liked your posts. I’m jdel77 there.

TGP’s fine. Play by the house rules and don’t feed attention seekers. There’s some great people and info there, just like here on rigtalk.

I received my first ban there just now but can’t get a explanation as to why. I posted a link to an article in the corona virus thread about China having a new level 4 bio-lab in the same city as the outbreak. Some posted a Wikipedia link about the author that referred to him as a “right wing Christian crank”. I received an infraction because the site where the article was deemed political. I can’t find anything political in the article. They left the post calling the guy a right wing Christian crank up so I guess that’s permitted?! I mentioned this hypocrisy and got banned. I’ve been a fully supportive gold member there and do a lot of transactions there. I would sell and buy here but I can’t make listings since I don’t post much.

Place is full of old grumpy assholes whos dick doesn't work anymore. That's why the're so uppity over there.
I'm perusing the thread about watches right now. I don't trust anybody that wears a watch.

BrentSP":c47swkol said:

You brought up politics on a guitar forum. You deserved the ban.

Back