Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Sep 22, 2019 3:47am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Washburn N2 vs. N24?
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02, 2019 12:28pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Are you human?: 951
I’m looking to pick up a Washburn Nuno sig. It won’t be the N4, as I don’t have that kind of money, but I’ve heard the N2 is still a good guitar, it just doesn’t have the Stephen’s extended cutaway like the N4. But there is also the N24, which I assume is somewhere between the N2 and N4?? It’s got the Stephen’s neck joint like the N4, and I fail to see how it really differs from the N4. But it’s like $1,200-$1,500 cheaper.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the N2? I ask because there is a like-new, mint-condition N2 at a store near me I can get for $560 tomorrow. I’d post the link, but I don’t want to draw attention to it. Someone might buy it out from under me. If not for it being so close I think I would be leaning more towards buying the N24 online.

Post subject: Re: Washburn N2 vs. N24?
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02, 2019 2:53pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

MonsterTone wrote:
I’m looking to pick up a Washburn Nuno sig. It won’t be the N4, as I don’t have that kind of money, but I’ve heard the N2 is still a good guitar, it just doesn’t have the Stephen’s extended cutaway like the N4. But there is also the N24, which I assume is somewhere between the N2 and N4?? It’s got the Stephen’s neck joint like the N4, and I fail to see how it really differs from the N4. But it’s like $1,200-$1,500 cheaper.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the N2? I ask because there is a like-new, mint-condition N2 at a store near me I can get for $560 tomorrow. I’d post the link, but I don’t want to draw attention to it. Someone might buy it out from under me. If not for it being so close I think I would be leaning more towards buying the N24 online.

The N24 looks t just be an N2 with the cutaway added.

And N4 has an ebony fretboard

N2 are great guitars...I think $560 is a little high price wise even for "near new" ... but then the prices seem to be all over the place on ebay so who know. When I got one 10 yrs ago I paid $220US for it

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 04, 2019 3:26pm 
Apprentice NOOB

I picked up the N2 yesterday. Killer guitar! Best playing guitar I’ve ever played. Beats out even the best Charvels I’ve played. Probably going to pick up the N24 Paduak model at some point too.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 05, 2019 9:11am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

how much did you give for the N2...and pictures would be great!

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06, 2019 2:09am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

MonsterTone wrote:
I picked up the N2 yesterday. Killer guitar! Best playing guitar I’ve ever played. Beats out even the best Charvels I’ve played. Probably going to pick up the N24 Paduak model at some point too.

Nice..I could get on with the small body on my N2 so got rid of it and got a Charvel :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06, 2019 7:58am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

there's a local guy that offers his up for trade everytime i put gear up for sale on Cl. never took him up on it... there is one for sale on CL now for $325

cool looking guitars

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 06, 2019 10:43pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Gave $560 for it. It was brand new, despite Reverb ad saying it was used. It was marked down twice due to being on the shelf for a year and labor day.

It’s the best guitar I’ve owned. Shredding is much more of a breeze with it.

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 07, 2019 10:48am 
Apprentice NOOB

Is there something about imgur that I’m missing? I only created the account so I could upload pics here, and all I did was upload the two pictures of my guitar you see above, and now they’ve been downvoted like crazy, and these random fuckung people I don’t know are commenting roasting me over posting them. Shows my reputation is -17. What the fuck is this gay horseshit all about? Someone enlighten me please.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08, 2019 3:05pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

When you upload to Imgur set them to private. That way they're not displayed on their site/app and you don't get the harassment that you have already, and you'll still be able to post the images here.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 10, 2019 10:00am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

good looking guitar there...those have ebony boards, correct... sexy

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 12, 2019 3:42am 
Hack

Looks great!

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 12, 2019 4:49am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I always dug the look and feel of them. I prefer my Charvels and Jacksons over them TBH. But I love man a Stevens extended cutaway.

Splawn: PROMOD KT88, Nitro KT88, Super Sport 6V6. Orange Rockerverb 50mki. Fryette Sig:X. Rivera K100, K-TRE. Mesa:, mkIV, Tremoverb, Nomad 100, Subway Blues, .22 cal w/GEQ Musicman 100RD.Fender: 72 SF Bassman, 70 Twin Reverb, 67 SF Bandmaster. Ampeg: Lee Jackson, AX70, Crate BV120 w/CEC mods.
BUILDS: 5F1, 1978X 18 Watt.
BUILDS IN PROCESS: AA165, JTM45.
And a bunch of modded EPI VJR's.