Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

Little boy's club, they all have 30,000+ posts. WTF? get a fucking life TPGers!!!!! That forum is useless for finding shit about real guitars and amps, unless "haunting mids" & pristine clean is your thing. I kill mid range as a rule, it doesn't fit in Pantera & Metallica tone too well.

The thing that did it for me was when they knocked down Jimmy Page of all people, and the "What's so good about Jimi Hendrix", um, you mean God of all guitar players? Seriously childish fucks over there.

Hi Guys!
My first post here. Just tried to check TGP and I've been banned. Again.
I can't find out why because, they dont let you check the inbox, nor the front page. Matter of fact it takes your 7 days to happen, and THEN you ack. the warning.
Which is some platitudinous nonsense about how much they value your input. Except they never take time to explain why, or let you know the basis of the complaint.
You know. None of this transparent justice stuff.
Anyhow.
I'll post back in a week when I can actually log in and see why I've been given a ban again.

-D

Monkey Man":1f563x9m said:
Welcome, Dohmar.

It could be interesting / frustrating / hilarious to see what the reason was. :confused:

Freaking ridiculous.
I got a week ban and 3 infraction points for posting a link to the Lonely Island song 'Jizz in my pants'

What the fuck? I think you guys are right. Bunch of hypersensitive little children over there.

-D

Ahh... so that's what it was. Thanks for the update, man.

You can't help what artists say in their songs, so I concur that it's ridiculous. Heard a lot of stories equally-so 'though. :doh:

You'll be safe here at RT, brother. :D :cheers:

Monkey Man":2qrn63zh said:
Ahh... so that's what it was. Thanks for the update, man.

You can't help what artists say in their songs, so I concur that it's ridiculous. Heard a lot of stories equally-so 'though. :doh:

You'll be safe here at RT, brother. :D :cheers:
Thanks but it just spins my head. I think TGP is dominated by fundamentalist christians. They claim to disallow politics and religion but are quite OK with having discussions about praise and worship gear.

I was told that 'jizz in my pants' is NSFW. But if you're viewing the thread, you dont HAVE to click on the link that would take you to the video, And then you'd have to click play to start the video.

And I posted this via my workplace network, which lets us view youtube videos that don't require a sign in due to age restrictions.

SO again, I ask, WTF.....

I can only assume that americans are pansies and australians are hardcore.

-D

:LOL: :LOL: Thanks for the compliment, man, but as you can guess, we've got our fair share of snowflakes here too.

If they're Christians that'd explain it 'cause, whilst individuals may (and should IMHO) be understanding, tolerant and forgiving, when in situations where their peers are around and they figure they ought to be seen doing the right thing, they cave.

Jesus was ultra-tolerant, a rebel (but not criminal other than for his political stance) of the highest order, hung with the cool peeps and didn't punish (like banning!) folks for what they said. Sure, he was all about love and truth, but sometimes I feel Christians should remind themselves about this. Trying to be like Jesus is an admirable endeavour; there can be no better moral model to make your hero, but when it comes down to it we're only-human, and any Christian will tell you that we're born SIN-positive (not HIV-positive :LOL: :LOL: ), and there ain't a damned thing we can do about it, no matter how hard we try. IOW, we're all freakin' sinners in His eyes and anyone who pretends to be otherwise is kidding himself. I know of nobody who's attained a sinless existence. Ever. So, as the saying goes, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I digress, but the point is simply that if you're right, my theory is that peer pressure is the reason why they're so intolerant, for want of a better word, over at TGP.

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with what I've just said. One thing's for sure, I won't friggin' get banned for it. :LOL: :LOL:

This being my first post on this forum might not make for the best first hand impression of me, but well, screw that.

Yeah, I am in the same boat.

Got a permanent ban from TGP about half a year ago.

Honestly I couldn't really blame the moderators though, as the way I formulated my vituperation of Pete Townshend, written in response to the interview with him that was the topic of the thread I posted in, where he expressed some, to put it in a much nicer way that it really was, not so very nice opinions about his deceased former band mate John Entwistle, was not really suited for any public forum, and I actually agree that I went way over the acceptable line there and deserved at least a serious reprimand, weather then the essence of what I wrote might have been true or not.

However technically it did only get me a warning, but because it raised my amount of infraction points, I believe they call it, over the max limit allowed, due to some warnings as well as a single temporary suspension that I had received previously, those mostly earned due to, in my opinion at least, the moderators of TPG being overly sensitive about stuff that really ought to not be any real issue for by far most people, completely in line with what seems to be the recurrent consensus of this thread, I automatically got permanently banned from their forum.

That's some high-falootin' sentence construction, brother. Every loose end tied up; beautifully done, man.

I appreciate that sort of stuff; to me it's just like the use of brackets - no matter how many nested / embedded statements one adds, the result must be logical and therefore every opening ( "(" ) necessitates closure ( ")" ).

Anyway, welcome to the forum, O' Logical One. Hopefully you've found your perfect "safe space" from the ban hammer. :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":2i23s59d said:
That's some high-falootin' sentence construction, brother. Every loose end tied up; beautifully done, man.

I appreciate that sort of stuff; to me it's just like the use of brackets - no matter how many nested / embedded statements one adds, the result must be logical and therefore every opening ( "(" ) necessitates closure ( ")" ).

Anyway, welcome to the forum, O' Logical One. Hopefully you've found your perfect "safe space" from the ban hammer. :LOL: :LOL:

Thank you. :)

Honestly I was afraid I overdid my use of interposed sentences, but I kind of couldn't come up with any alternative way to formulate it without having to leave out some essential details, or being forced to make it an even more clumsy read.

But I am glad you seem to think my use of language is elegant, I could swear the exact opposite being the case. ;)

I'll definitely take your complement though, thank you very much. :D

Credit where it's due, mate.

I face the same dilemma very-often online. Use more sentences, thus dragging the whole thing out, or integrate everything relevant into more-complex ones (sentences) for a juicier and more-efficient read. I'm such a goof. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":3tgfimhs said:
Credit where it's due, mate.

I face the same dilemma very-often online. Use more sentences, thus dragging the whole thing out, or integrate everything relevant into more-complex ones (sentences) for a juicier and more-efficient read. I'm such a goof. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually that seems like a perfectly well constructed sentence to me, more so if you had just left the brackets out all together though.

And actually I think the sentences I wrote in the post that you sang my praise for having constructed works perfectly fine as well, in almost every aspect, almost every aspect except for the fact that you totally loose the sense of connection between the two main part-sentences (if that formulation even really makes sense) in the fourth paragraph: "as the way I formulated my vituperation of Pete Townshend", and then the continuation of that with: "was not really suited for any public forum", because of way too many elaborating interposed sub-sentences in between the two.

That was what mainly bothered me about how I formulated that post.

Interposed sentences and the use of brackets are perfectly fine with me, as long as they don't get in the way of the reading flow and aren't putting obstacles up for the reader in terms of understanding a sentence, rather than naturally augmenting and elaborating it.

I guess it's sort of a fine balance one needs to be careful about keeping, and I think I kind of tipped that over fairly severely with that sentence, and spilled a great deal of sense of continuity and coherent natural reading flow, and with that logical connection and meaning, on the ground as a result.

Your absolutely right, it sort of puts you in kind of a dilemma.

But think we might have gone way off topic by now, even if I think the topic of our discussion here actually is interesting enough. :LOL: :LOL:

lester":2akz4arp said:
They banned you over there huh?

Yeah, think me and Monkey Man's quite off topic spin-off discussion kind of took a little overhand, and almost spammed my original first reply to this thread away by now.

Sorry about that.

Kind of got carried away.

Here's my original post, to bring the thread back on track:

Baloney Balderdash":2akz4arp said:
This being my first post on this forum might not make for the best first hand impression of me, but well, screw that.

Yeah, I am in the same boat.

Got a permanent ban from TGP about half a year ago.

Honestly I couldn't really blame the moderators though, as the way I formulated my vituperation of Pete Townshend, written in response to the interview with him that was the topic of the thread I posted in, where he expressed some, to put it in a much nicer way that it really was, not so very nice opinions about his deceased former band mate John Entwistle, was not really suited for any public forum, and I actually agree that I went way over the acceptable line there and deserved at least a serious reprimand, weather then the essence of what I wrote might have been true or not.

However technically it did only get me a warning, but because it raised my amount of infraction points, I believe they call it, over the max limit allowed, due to some warnings as well as a single temporary suspension that I had received previously, those mostly earned due to, in my opinion at least, the moderators of TPG being overly sensitive about stuff that really ought to not be any real issue for by far most people, completely in line with what seems to be the recurrent consensus of this thread, I automatically got permanently banned from their forum.

Is Townshend still on that national register of sex offenders?
Is he still doing his "research"?

Baloney Balderdash":1yrzqzsi said:
Monkey Man":1yrzqzsi said:
Use more sentences, thus dragging the whole thing out, or integrate everything relevant into more-complex ones (sentences) for a juicier and more-efficient read. I'm such a goof. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:
Actually that seems like a perfectly well constructed sentence to me, more so if you had just left the brackets out all together though.
100% agree. The bracketed clarification was for those who's command of the language isn't what it could be; the subject (sentences - there I go again!) had been clearly-established in the first 3 words.

We're done, but I felt you deserved a response, having taken the time to say what you did.

OK, back to being pussy-whipped by TGP... :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

lester":1ss9ucvg said:
Is Townshend still on that national register of sex offenders?
Is he still doing his "research"?

No idea.

Well, I guess I kind of suspects so though, which was part of my little flattering "portrait" of him, that I wrote as a response to him expressing his pleasure over getting rid of John Entwistle in the interview that I mentioned, which I strongly suspect, not overly surprising really, especially considering the actual words that I used, was a great contribution to the fact that I ended up getting banned after that.

Honestly I did went way over the acceptable line for a post on a public forum, but in my defense I was genuinely upset and disgusted with the way Townshend spoke about his deceased former band mate in that interview.

Back