Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

This will tie us over. Old pic but it is a cheese stuffed bacon wrapped pork loin. One of my favorite things to do.

zKpA3Rl.jpg

311splawndude":kd8tkebk said:
This will tie us over. Old pic but it is a cheese stuffed bacon wrapped pork loin. One of my favorite things to do.

zKpA3Rl.jpg
OMG! WANT!

Speaking of chili, now that I'm home all the time it might be time for a batch. About once or twice a year I'll make my famous chili. It's like a five gallon pot and that fucker is FULL by the time I get it cookin'. And everybody in the family/neighborhood usually wants a bunch of it.

Some day I want to do a batch extra spicy, but the wife doesn't like the spice like I do.

One time I made a half batch stuffed with habanero pepper slices just for me and the bros. Holy FUCK was that good eats. My brother in law likes spicy stuff too and he was mowing it down, crying and sweating and going, "my gawd, it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO good." LOL.

Recipe is simple too.
1 yellow onion diced
1 can of green chillies
2 cans of red beans
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 Portuguese Linguiça
1 chilli season pack
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 lb turkey...serve with cheddar and parmesan and buttered sourdough and plenty of beer?

So these pics are not posted because they are taste bud inducing necessarily but I went camping last weekend to do some self quarantining and I was very happy with the food I had despite the fact that my local grocer had very little meat. I ended up getting one of those Hillshire beef sausage links, jalapeno + cheddar brats, a pork chop and then some bacon and eggs.

Friday breakfast: bacon and eggs

i4efTbK.jpg

Friday night dinner: squaw corn in a can, parmesan encrusted pork chop, twice baked potato (pre made from grocer and I cooked all the bacon at once first thing:

hO9pGuk.jpg

Lm2J6uS.jpg

Saturday breakfast: scrambled eggs w bacon, onion, pepper, cheese

ysHyMjD.jpg

Saturday dinner: left over corn, can of 'fiesta' beans and the hillshire

G2lt3TG.jpg

and the best part....the BEST twice baked potato I've ever had. I placed the potato on top of 3 peices of bacon and then a piece on top and wrapped it up in foil - then added the cheese before eating. OMG :yes:

HsfwWEf.jpg

and here is a drone pic of my campsite with a very flooded river

osbQY9u.jpg

Wtf are you, Appalachian mountains???...and where are the guitars!?!? I would never isolate without the axe.

Wife made this. She’s from the a Philippines.
It’s called ‘Pancit’

Fine rice noodles. Their version of yaki soba.
It can be made with ham. Chicken. Steak.
Everyone thru the years simply loves it. :yes:

Attachments

• 4A37076C-88BE-48CB-AE49-C48504C0435F.jpeg
    4A37076C-88BE-48CB-AE49-C48504C0435F.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,638
So I made a Jambalaya tonight. Not straight up traditional but I made a rue. Then I added some things like ground sausage, sausage links, chicken, corn, carrots, red onion. Then baby tomatoes, peppers and Japs from garden (last years), can of crushed tomatoes and shrimp. Spices included all that you'd expect plus cumin, paprika, garlic salt, basil, thyme, etc etc + Sriracha. Rice cooked seperate.

RmI7Q3t.jpg

3LdO7qH.jpg

BaAGTxa.jpg

This was my son and his girlfriend first attempt at jambalaya
He sent me pics. Lives out of state. Said it was good. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 6E596882-2BD7-4E58-BA36-90C4F6CF90F2.jpeg
    6E596882-2BD7-4E58-BA36-90C4F6CF90F2.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,605
Mmmmmmmm. Not much to it. Just make a quick custard the night before. It needs a few hours after churn in a really cold freezer to be firm enough for me. I've dialed this one in. I actually use 24g reg cocoa powder and 4g Special Dark and I use Hershey's (by choice, it just has the flavor I like).

2 cups HalfnHalf
1 cup Light Cream
2 egg yolk
160g Sugar
28g Cocoa Powder
1.5tsp Vanilla extract
1.5TBS brewed espresso (optional)

Mailman1971":3y9fauwc said:
It’s called ‘Pancit’

I had a buddy come back from Nam with a Thailand wife.
She could cook her ass off. All garden grown if possible and used to grind up ingredients by hand with
the old skool pestle/mortar .

We'd be all shitfaced and she'd go hop the fence at a Soybean farm.
She would toast them over the fire. Pretty tasty
(At least that's what I recall...LOL)

Do yins have a store your wife can get Philippine grocery's?

You know what's NOT cooking? The 4th annual Crawfish and Crabfest 2020. Fucking PISSED. We've have had 90 pounds of crawfish flown in over Easter weekend each of the last three years so we can boil those little bastards and get drunk with friends and family. They are still shipping, but congregating puts people at risk. FUCK. By the time this is over, Crawfish season will be, too. Like I said, PISSED.

If someone knows the name of the Chinese dude that butt-fucked the monkey to start this, let me know. I'll fl over and beat his ass :)

John4021":kfobdli7 said:
Mailman1971":kfobdli7 said:
It’s called ‘Pancit’

I had a buddy come back from Nam with a Thailand wife.
She could cook her ass off. All garden grown if possible and used to grind up ingredients by hand with
the old skool pestle/mortar .

We'd be all shitfaced and she'd go hop the fence at a Soybean farm.
She would toast them over the fire. Pretty tasty
(At least that's what I recall...LOL)

Do yins have a store your wife can get Philippine grocery's?

Yes. Great Asian market here.
But she cooks lot the goods with regular food from the grocery store.
We are constantly watching food network. She takes notes.
Just her and I now in the house. Kids all gone.
It’s a great hobby. :yes:

Back