Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

We roasted peanuts like that few years ago. Not a huge batch.
Like a garlic blend. Man I was burping up garlic for days it seemed.
Wife told face away when sleeping. :LOL: :LOL:

LMAO! yea...they'll make you stink and burb like a fat-gassy-pig :LOL: :LOL:
I LOVE Doritos...like, LOVE them, i'd throat-kick'ya over a grab-bag man... anyway, i will always make my wife eat a few with me...so we "stink" together! nothing like a good-woman! :thumbsup:

311splawndude":17r07umd said:
Oooo. I'd love to make some hot sauce. Never done that. I copied that last past - hope you don't mind :LOL: :LOL:
Go for it, man! Took me a couple tries to get the process down, but man is it fun now that I know how to get where I want to with the hot sauces.

Be aware that if you plan long term storage you need to hit pH of 4 or lower. I usually target 3.5 since I use milder vinegars. If you plan on just eating what you make and always storing in the fridge, it doesn't matter that much.

The hot sauce forum in thehotpepper.com is an invaluable resource. I've gotten into fermenting peppers because of them, though I lost the last batch when they got knocked over and leaked out. Made me sad as they'd been aging/fermenting for months at that point. Ah well, always next year.

MrDowntown":1oy7zu4g said:
and...the c'pot brisket may happen sooner rather than later...
i've smoked chickens, ribs, turkey (boneless breasts) on my little barrel charcoal grill before...works really well. i admit thought, i do need to invest in a good probe, i've got one, not wireless, works ok...but the wireless thing, with the App...anyone using that?

311splawndude":1oy7zu4g said:
Now, for a grill, the key for me is a wireless temp probe. I actually recently bought a Weber one and got the Weber app too so I can monitor the temp from the safety of my TV couch. Y
Me :D

311splawndude":1sgisbrc said:
MrDowntown":1sgisbrc said:
and...the c'pot brisket may happen sooner rather than later...
i've smoked chickens, ribs, turkey (boneless breasts) on my little barrel charcoal grill before...works really well. i admit thought, i do need to invest in a good probe, i've got one, not wireless, works ok...but the wireless thing, with the App...anyone using that?

311splawndude":1sgisbrc said:
I have not do

Now, for a grill, the key for me is a wireless temp probe. I actually recently bought a Weber one and got the Weber app too so I can monitor the temp from the safety of my TV couch. Y
Me :D

:aww: reading...is critical. :D

Made pea soup tonight. 3 porks. Diced ham, bacon and cut up pork loin I cooked the other night.

LXFVmZr.jpg

311splawndude":3kxby2te said:
^ sounds great

Heading to my cabin with some buddies for an extended weekend this Thursday. They told me my dinner contribution is chili. :yes:

Just made this sausage, egg and cheese casserole. You know. To get some greasy protein base coat going before Superbowl Sunday.

qIXtxQ2.jpg
OMG! :shocked: :rock:

Indeed, Dan. :thumbsup:

I love the look of splawndude's chilli dish too. Looks like 3 types of beans and mince...yum! I could eat that shit all day, and it wouldn't be heavy, like the casserole. :rock:

I air fried some fish earlier. Lemon bread coating.
Whipped out some tortilla shells. Made fish tacos.
Holy sweet Mary mother of Jesus!!!
Tartar. Dill pickles. Tomato. Lettuce.
Man one of those was a small slice of heaven. :LOL: :LOL:
Got enough left for 3 more later.

I hear Ubershall EL34 has a line on some primo beef.
We should get our ass's down to his place for a gear/beer/beef fest.

Mailman1971":3lei6drq said:
We roasted peanuts like that few years ago. Not a huge batch.
Like a garlic blend. Man I was burping up garlic for days it seemed.
Wife told face away when sleeping. :LOL: :LOL:

That is one brave woman right there. Your Breath could not be as bad as the end facing her :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":1zp37zym said:
We need a "my mouth is watering" / "I'm salivating" emoji.
Yes, a nom nom emoji!

I travel a lot and rarely cook anymore. So I liberally seasoned a half of a pork butt and braised it in a dutch oven with onions, garlic, and a tiny bit of water. So easy. Just grab the bone and pull it right out...clean.
Carnitas! TACO TUESDAY!

Mailman1971":di7zgt5u said:
I air fried some fish earlier. Lemon bread coating.
Whipped out some tortilla shells. Made fish tacos.
Holy sweet Mary mother of Jesus!!!
Tartar. Dill pickles. Tomato. Lettuce.
Man one of those was a small slice of heaven. :LOL: :LOL:
Got enough left for 3 more later.
Man fish tacos is one of my favorite. Shrimp tacos even moreso.

Speaking of Tomato and Lettuce I am now hooked on:

Bacon, cucumber, and tomato sandwiches (on gluten free bread)

dVnhljKl.jpg

With a bit o' cayenne pepper or chilli powder and of course pepper?

Sounds "delish". [Insert mom mom emoji here]

Back