When Lockdowns Are Lifted What Country For A Vacation?

WGAF

Banned
For me I'm off to Rome, Nice & maybe Istanbul around April next year. :thumbsup:

Have you guys got any plans for some travel & if so, where to?
:poke:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Wish I could afford it, man.

If I could, I'd go Amsterdam, Denmark, Germany, Japan and Florida off the top of my head...

Monkey Man":ehcuvlja said:
Wish I could afford it, man.

If I could, I'd go Amsterdam, Denmark, Germany, Japan and Florida off the top of my head...
I can appreciate your want however, the world is a very small place these days & the wide extreme cultural differences of the past are pretty much no more sadly.

You could blame the multi national corporates & the overall greed for money by individuals for this

Also, these days the cost of hotels etc etc are seriously making it stupid money to vacation. An example may be a house mortgage is approx. $1,700 per month whereas staying in a shitty 2 or 3 star hotel can be approx. $5,0000 - 6,000 per month. Added lodging taxes etc etc help get these numbers there easily. Before anyone says AirBnB, this is getting stupid expensive too, especially on the basis they can cancel on you as you arrive, the place isn't what they advertised etc etc...I would NEVER use AirBnB because it has generally become a con with zero recourse of any worth. Yes, there will be exceptions however, would you want that risk going to a foreign country & not knowing the lay of the land for your needed immediate alternative.

So, you say you can't afford it, MANY people these days can't afford it & for GOOD reason as per the above.

You're in Melbourne? Have you considered at looking for somewhere between Newcastle & Tweed Heads to live? Just a thought as I believe it's the nicest part of Aus to consider. YMMV of course.

You're spot-on on both counts, brother. :thumbsup:

Northern New South would be tough-to-beat. It's on the long-term cards.

A dream I have is to go on a cruise to Cuba. I’ve never been o a cruise before, but only heard of amazing experiences. I hope to go on a journey with multiple destinations, before arriving in Cuba. I’m eager to see what the interior of a cruise ship looks like, from the restaurants available to the activities you can do while traveling across the world. This is a unique experience that you don’t get to have every day. I’ve already convinced a couple of friends to go together, and we’ve been looking at cruise ships from the end of spring or the beginning of summer this year on the cruisetimetables website.

Last edited:
A dream I have is to go on a cruise to Cuba. I’ve never been o a cruise before, but only heard of amazing experiences.
Check out the Bay of Pigs.

I hear it's nice this time of year !

AhHumzS.jpg

A dream I have is to go on a cruise to Cuba. I’ve never been o a cruise before, but only heard of amazing experiences.
Welcome Edith.

Show me you're not a 🤖 or you'll be on your way to Cuba faster than a pig can down a bowl of gravy.

The pig's finished lapping up the gravy and you haven't responded.

Not that it matters; the suspicious necro-bump is enough for me, "Edith". :LOL:

Bant! :gethim:

Bant - Clint & Clyde.gif

You're spot-on on both counts, brother. :thumbsup:

Northern New South would be tough-to-beat. It's on the long-term cards.
I'm guessing world travel is ridiculously expensive for Australians.

The first time I went to Amsterdam I got round trip tickets for me and the wife for $800 US/each. We were there 11 days and spent a grand total of about $2500. Hotel and car rental was reasonable. Dollar to Euro was near matched. That was 2002. We went 5 years later and took my 16 year old daughter. We were there 14 days and spent about 5k.

I once sent a shaving brush to a friend of mine in NSW. The shipping was twice as much as the brush cost and it took a month to get there.

By the way I am in the midwest US.

I'm guessing world travel is ridiculously expensive for Australians.

The first time I went to Amsterdam I got round trip tickets for me and the wife for $800 US/each. We were there 11 days and spent a grand total of about $2500. Hotel and car rental was reasonable. Dollar to Euro was near matched. That was 2002. We went 5 years later and took my 16 year old daughter. We were there 14 days and spent about 5k.

I once sent a shaving brush to a friend of mine in NSW. The shipping was twice as much as the brush cost and it took a month to get there.

By the way I am in the midwest US.
And a very nice shaving brush it is too and I really appreciated it! - more than you know! Shipping anything from the US is expensive - I know I do it regularly :-( Guitar bits, motorcycle bits you name it...
As for Amsterdam I have been there and I tried to put my finger in the dyke but she slapped me.... no seriously I have been there - back in the year 2000.

Rome, Nice, and Istanbul sound like fantastic choices for your upcoming travels! As for me, I'm itching to explore the beautiful beaches of Bali and soak up some sun. Gotta get that Vitamin Sea, you know?
If you're looking for some travel inspiration, you should definitely check out https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ for train schedules and routes. It's super handy when planning your adventures across Europe!
So, where are you headed next? Any other exciting destinations on your list? Let's swap travel stories and keep the wanderlust alive! I'd be happy to know more.

Last edited:
Probably not the favourite of many, but I'd love to go back to Naples Italy. Worked at NSA Capodichino as a military contractor there in late 1980's. Made many Neopolitan friends. Naples was my departure point to Sicily, Sardinia, and Ishchia in the Med.

Probably not the favourite of many, but I'd love to go back to Naples Italy. Worked at NSA Capodichino as a military contractor there in late 1980's. Made many Neopolitan friends. Naples was my departure point to Sicily, Sardinia, and Ishchia in the Med.
I can only imagine the pizza...oh man...

Back