Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Nov 17, 2019 6:39pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon, May 20, 2019 6:57pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Mon, May 20, 2019 6:33pm
Posts: 3
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
Are you human?: 951
Hi all!

I'm a new member here on the board, so thanks in advance for the potential help in the future!

So, regarding my question:
I'm a bit confused as to in which ways I could use the Powerball II via MIDI, as the almighty internet tells me mixed things.
Some say you can't, others say it's only possible if you use one of their more advanced footswitches like the Z11

What I want to be able to do is just very simple stuff, switching channels/effects in different loops basically. Say button 1 on the switch is a clean channel 'preset' with some chorus and reverb added, button 2 gives me the lead 1 channel with no FX, button 3 lead 2 with a delay etc. ? I know my Marshall JVM410 is capable of doing this...
Is this possible in a convenient and not too expensive way (I'm willing to invest a bit, but not as in more than €400,-), and if so, how am I cable-ing it all up, as I'm a newbie when it comes to using MIDI.

Again, thanks for all the help in advance!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, May 21, 2019 2:18am 
Offline
Apprentice NOOB
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Jul 27, 2012 3:50am
Posts: 119
Location: currently Dublin
Are you human?: 951
Powerball II is not MIDI-switchable, so you need an external switcher like Z-11 to do the switching.
Then you need MIDI-footswitch/controller (like Z-12) + MIDI-looper (like Voodoo Lab HEX) or a device that combines both to program and command it all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 8:01pm 
Offline
Hack
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 6:54pm
Posts: 12
Are you human?: 951
You can do this with a switcher like a Boss ES-8. It will control the amp and all your pedals


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 8:05pm 
Offline
Hack
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 6:54pm
Posts: 12
Are you human?: 951
Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 20, 2019 3:01pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Mon, May 20, 2019 6:33pm
Posts: 3
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
Are you human?: 951
Billelzebub wrote:
Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD

Wow that's awesome man, thanks so much! Could you tell me how you cabled it up and if I can control funtions like the 2nd master and midboost as well? Do I need any other cables except for the ENGL 1/4'' footswitch jack cable that came with my Z4?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23, 2019 2:01am 
Offline
Hack
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 6:54pm
Posts: 12
Are you human?: 951
bramengelen_guitar wrote:
Billelzebub wrote:
Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD

Wow that's awesome man, thanks so much! Could you tell me how you cabled it up and if I can control funtions like the 2nd master and midboost as well? Do I need any other cables except for the ENGL 1/4'' footswitch jack cable that came with my Z4?


I’m not sure if I can explain it clearly without pics. I’m getting cables made. When they come in I’ll take pics of the cables and how it connects from the head to the switcher, along with explaining. This works for channel switching and turning the mid boost on/off and selecting the 2nd master volume. I tested it out with some short cables to make sure it works like I want it to before I ordered the custom made long cables.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Nov 03, 2019 6:10pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Mon, May 20, 2019 6:33pm
Posts: 3
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
Are you human?: 951
Billelzebub wrote:
bramengelen_guitar wrote:
Billelzebub wrote:
Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD

Wow that's awesome man, thanks so much! Could you tell me how you cabled it up and if I can control funtions like the 2nd master and midboost as well? Do I need any other cables except for the ENGL 1/4'' footswitch jack cable that came with my Z4?


I’m not sure if I can explain it clearly without pics. I’m getting cables made. When they come in I’ll take pics of the cables and how it connects from the head to the switcher, along with explaining. This works for channel switching and turning the mid boost on/off and selecting the 2nd master volume. I tested it out with some short cables to make sure it works like I want it to before I ordered the custom made long cables.


Have you by any chance been able to hook it all up in the meantime? ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use