ENGL Thunder E325 tube question

nasticanasta

I have an ENGL Thunder head E325, I was wondering about the 12AX7's in this...

I bought this, I had played through a friends Thunder combo I was so impressed i got the head used. I instantly opened it up after a trial sound check and found that it had the original tubes in it....all ENGL branded. Holy crap! no wonder it sounded so dead and fluctuating loudness. I ordered some Ruby Cryo Power tubes matched of course, I always put these in my Marshalls, their reliable and sound good to me.
So I'm having a problem getting good info from ENGL. After repeated emails about tube positions and recommendations, I have come here for real professional help.

What are the pre amp positions and any recommendations for tubes. My idea was V1- Ruby 12AX7 HG, V2- Tung-Sol, V3- Tung-Sol, V4 Sovtek 12AX7LPS... I'm assuming the phase inverter is V4...which is my main question.

Welcome aboard!

Pretty sure you can just google the pdf manual and download it. Be faster than waiting for Engl to respond ;)

MetalHeadMike":3ub939v5 said:
Welcome aboard!

Pretty sure you can just google the pdf manual and download it. Be faster than waiting for Engl to respond ;)

Well I'm absolutely sure you're wrong...thanks for the no help. I already stated that I had contacted ENGL...I sure hope you're not the expert here...I know how to get manuals online, I have a group on FB, one of the rules is not to answer "google it" because that's not helping, we ban people who do that...getting a hint?

MetalHeadMike":81f4z2ot said:
nasticanasta":81f4z2ot said:
MetalHeadMike":81f4z2ot said:
Welcome aboard!

:confused: This was the first thing that popped up when I googled "Engl Thunder tube layout":

https://englamps.de/wp-content/uploads/ ... hunder.pdf

Maybe the moderators should ban me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think so... I KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD MANUALS...I HAVE ALL THAT...NOWHERE DOES IT SAY WHERE THE PHASE INVERTER IS. WHAT A USELESS FORUM THIS IS..OR AT LEAST YOU ARE.
AGAIN, ALREADY STATED I HAVE TALKED TO THEM AND TRIED EVERYTHING...YOUR READING COMPREHENSION IS TERRIBLE

nasticanasta":gbht83f6 said:
MetalHeadMike":gbht83f6 said:
nasticanasta":gbht83f6 said:
MetalHeadMike":gbht83f6 said:
Welcome aboard!

:confused: This was the first thing that popped up when I googled "Engl Thunder tube layout":

I think so... I KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD MANUALS...I HAVE ALL THAT...NOWHERE DOES IT SAY WHERE THE PHASE INVERTER IS. WHAT A USELESS FORUM THIS IS..OR AT LEAST YOU ARE.
AGAIN, ALREADY STATED I HAVE TALKED TO THEM AND TRIED EVERYTHING...YOUR READING COMPREHENSION IS TERRIBLE

You are absolutely right, I'm as worthless as tits on a boar hog. :hys: :hys:

nasticanasta":1bkyw5w1 said:
MetalHeadMike":1bkyw5w1 said:
nasticanasta":1bkyw5w1 said:
MetalHeadMike":1bkyw5w1 said:
Welcome aboard!

:confused: Ahh... these kids ... waiting to be spoon-fed

There is a lot of knowledge on this forum but we like people that know how to behave.

If you had read the manual that Mike had posted, you would have figured out that the phase inverter is V4 (given the fact that you know a thing or two about tube amps) ;)

sinnersmoon":pp3w7ixt said:
nasticanasta":pp3w7ixt said:
MetalHeadMike":pp3w7ixt said:
nasticanasta":pp3w7ixt said:
MetalHeadMike":pp3w7ixt said:
Welcome aboard!

:confused: Ahh... these kids ... waiting to be spoon-fed

There is a lot of knowledge on this forum but we like people that know how to behave.

If you had read the manual that Mike had posted, you would have figured out that the phase inverter is V4 (given the fact that you know a thing or two about tube amps) ;)

you are an idiot...the manual says nothing of where the phase inverter is....I clearly stated this already and more than once...you people are complete dunces and only interested in saving face your not paying attention and only leave smart assed remarks...you only stall because you're clueless morons posing as "intellectuals" lol I'm probably older than you...dickhead, as if age would change you from being a complete dolt...looks like this so-called "forum" is littered with incompetent trolls.
I just spoon fed your sorry ass... lol rig-talk...more like fib-talk.

Back