ENGL Powerball II MIDI switching question

Hi all!

I'm a new member here on the board, so thanks in advance for the potential help in the future!

So, regarding my question:
I'm a bit confused as to in which ways I could use the Powerball II via MIDI, as the almighty internet tells me mixed things.
Some say you can't, others say it's only possible if you use one of their more advanced footswitches like the Z11

What I want to be able to do is just very simple stuff, switching channels/effects in different loops basically. Say button 1 on the switch is a clean channel 'preset' with some chorus and reverb added, button 2 gives me the lead 1 channel with no FX, button 3 lead 2 with a delay etc. ? I know my Marshall JVM410 is capable of doing this...
Is this possible in a convenient and not too expensive way (I'm willing to invest a bit, but not as in more than €400,-), and if so, how am I cable-ing it all up, as I'm a newbie when it comes to using MIDI.

Again, thanks for all the help in advance!

Powerball II is not MIDI-switchable, so you need an external switcher like Z-11 to do the switching.
Then you need MIDI-footswitch/controller (like Z-12) + MIDI-looper (like Voodoo Lab HEX) or a device that combines both to program and command it all.

Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD

Billelzebub":37bceez8 said:
Oops....didn’t see your budget at first. There’s a cheaper switcher available on Amazon called Joyo PXL-Pro that will suit your needs. I just picked one up for my Powerball II and am starting to program it. It costs $200 USD
Wow that's awesome man, thanks so much! Could you tell me how you cabled it up and if I can control funtions like the 2nd master and midboost as well? Do I need any other cables except for the ENGL 1/4'' footswitch jack cable that came with my Z4?

bramengelen_guitar":10zw83eb said:
Billelzebub":10zw83eb said:
Wow that's awesome man, thanks so much! Could you tell me how you cabled it up and if I can control funtions like the 2nd master and midboost as well? Do I need any other cables except for the ENGL 1/4'' footswitch jack cable that came with my Z4?

I’m not sure if I can explain it clearly without pics. I’m getting cables made. When they come in I’ll take pics of the cables and how it connects from the head to the switcher, along with explaining. This works for channel switching and turning the mid boost on/off and selecting the 2nd master volume. I tested it out with some short cables to make sure it works like I want it to before I ordered the custom made long cables.

Billelzebub":vhugx7l2 said:
bramengelen_guitar":vhugx7l2 said:
Billelzebub":vhugx7l2 said:

I’m not sure if I can explain it clearly without pics. I’m getting cables made. When they come in I’ll take pics of the cables and how it connects from the head to the switcher, along with explaining. This works for channel switching and turning the mid boost on/off and selecting the 2nd master volume. I tested it out with some short cables to make sure it works like I want it to before I ordered the custom made long cables.

Have you by any chance been able to hook it all up in the meantime? ;)

Back