NAD Savage 120 mkii and tubes!

FondledDuck

Just picked up the Savage 120 mkii and it’s killer. Signal started coming in an out after some playing so I figure it’s a preamp tube. Swapped V1 and seems fine so far. I threw in a Ruby 12ax7ac5 HG+ which got me thinking...what tubes do you think pair well with Engl?

Nice! I had a TAD 7025WA in V1 of a MKI Savage120 with engl branded in the rest of the slots and was always happy.

Thanks man! I’ve got that exact tube, I’ll give it a try!

MetalHeadMike":1tp1t9vx said:
Nice! I had a TAD 7025WA in V1 of a MKI Savage120 with engl branded in the rest of the slots and was always happy.

Does the volume on the savage have like a ridiculously good and useable sweep to it? I just got a V2 Blackmore and it has the most controlled volume of any head I've ever seen. Smooth gradual increase until about 8 on the dial *3 or 4 oclcok before all hell starts to break loose. I know it is based on the savage, so I can't help but wonder...

Anyone try KT88’s in place of the 6550’s? I want to see what the tonal change is.

I asked Engl about running KT90’s but they told me they had never tried them so they didn’t know if it would be ok.

Back