What up with Orange PPC412 Black, Straight Cabs?

dooredge

I've had one of these on order from Sweetwater since February (2013) and I'm still waiting on it. :confused:

Are these particular cabs in such high demand Orange can't stock them fast enough?

dooredge":tchv4h85 said:
I've had one of these on order from Sweetwater since February (2013) and I'm still waiting on it. :confused:

Are these particular cabs in such high demand Orange can't stock them fast enough?

PM sent, I have this cab in stock ready to go.

Brad

How much difference is their in the sound of the Orange Cabs from say the Mesa Rectifier (or Marshall with V30s) since they both have vintage 30s in them? Less low end? There's a guy on Craigslist in Columbus selling his orange one and a road case so he can buy a black one.

mikemtm":3nxi4lj8 said:
How much difference is their in the sound of the Orange Cabs from say the Mesa Rectifier (or Marshall with V30s) since they both have vintage 30s in them? Less low end? There's a guy on Craigslist in Columbus selling his orange one and a road case so he can buy a black one.

I think there is as much low end as a Mesa, but it's a different kind of low. Orange cabs, in my experience, have their own thing going on (I'm not sure how describe it either). I have a PPC412 Compact and it's a killer little cab.

What sold me on Orange was seeing John Larussa of Inhale/Exhale in concert. He was using a Splawn ProMod w/ an Orange 412 and it was absolutely a massive combination of head & cab. I got the compact model so it was easier to haul around from practice to practice. I want the full-size now cause I image it'll be more of the same, just bigger sound.

Back