Orange AD50 Custom Shop vs

The OR100 sits somewhere between the Rockerverb and Thunderverb, IMO. It definitely isn't as compressed as the Rockerverb.

I had an OR30 for awhile, pretty versatile (and LOUD!) amp. That one has more gain than any other Orange amp I've tried. Comparable to the cleans on a TV and the dirt on a RV.

I am kind of curious about the OR series as well. Maybe an OR 30 or something. I would like to hear a sound comparison, that would be awesome...

Resurrecting this thread because I got to do the exact same thing today and went home with the AD50. Same experience with the tonal differences. Rockerverb is very nice but the AD50 made it sound colder, more controlled. Basically less of a hoot to rock out on. The Rrockerverb can do the tighter palm mute thing a little better and has more gain available but the AD50 was so nasty in all the right ways and had a girth to it. If you lowered the bass almost all the way it would get pretty tight under gain. Both 30 and 50 watt settings sounded killer and the tone stack 'lift/boost" was also nice. I got to use my attenuator as well and getting the Master up only made it better.

Thanks. This is the closest I've found in a new Orange that sounds like an old one. It actually cops really good takes on Let There Be Rock tones. Also that nasty Downpayment Blues tone.

Looks Really Nice I just picked one of these up as well, I love it.
How much does the shop charge for work like that? It looks nicer than the Centennial Model. I was surprised to see that they could engrave the frame too

So I've played pretty much all the modern Orange amps except for the OR100 and for a while the Rockerverb MKII has been my favorite, but today I AB'ed it with a Custom Shop AD50 and the AD50 sounded much better. More raw, open, nuanced, etc. So my question is how does the OR100 compare to the custom shop Oranges? Is it as good? Is it more compressed like the Rockerverb? Also, how does the AD50 compare to vintage oranges like the OR120?
I got an AD30, which i assume should be in same family. My understanding is the AD30 is the best of all worlds in the sense that you get some nice low to mid gain tones. The tones are fairly articulate with still some of that orange bass. However, i've always understand the OR to be a different beast with just deep bass tones. Perhaps just my perception.....

I got an AD30, which i assume should be in same family. My understanding is the AD30 is the best of all worlds in the sense that you get some nice low to mid gain tones. The tones are fairly articulate with still some of that orange bass. However, i've always understand the OR to be a different beast with just deep bass tones. Perhaps just my perception.....
Haha I made this thread 8 years ago now. Haven’t tried the AD30, but have tried the others mentioned here and just didn’t like them as much as other amps I had them compared to

I owned a ‘70’s OR120, but didn’t stay long and also had a OR100, but returned after a few days

Goddamn it, Braintheory. Now i need to buy a custom shop 50 and/or an AD30....
Check my latest post just before yours. I made this thread 8 years ago when I wasn’t nearly as experienced. Wish I could delete the thread lol. Honestly I don’t feel any of the ones I’ve tried are worth owning with what I’ve tried since back then

Check my latest post just before yours. I made this thread 8 years ago when I wasn’t nearly as experienced. Wish I could delete the thread lol. Honestly I don’t feel any of the ones I’ve tried are worth owning with what I’ve tried since back then
it doesn't matter, you have stirred up the orange gas. It cannot be destroyed

Back