Rockerverb MkI 50 Watt combo - what to expect from 6v6 tubes

Carlito

Hey guys,

I recently sold my Diezel VH4 half stack. It was too big and there was too much money in it which I need for my family. Still, I liked the sound and punch of it. Also the responsiveness and percussiveness.

When testing amps in music stores I tried out everything... Bogner, ALL available Friedmans and the only thing that made me wanna change amps was an orange rockerverb 100mkIII. Now that thing is still too big and too expensive.

Some days ago, I found a rockerverb MKI 50 Watt combo. Only one owner, tags still on it, relatively new tubes, no gigs, stored in the living room, cheap.

What puzzles me now, is what I'll get. There are only few videos on this amp on YouTube and what people write in forums differs vastly. Comments range from best rockerverb ever due to 6v6 layout to worst and fuzzyest rockerverb ever due to 6v6 layout.

I don't care for reverb or effects loop, all I want is an Amp with a great metall/rock sound, that does not require any pedals to achieve this tone.
Since I'm not a native speaker it's pretty hard to find the right words but what I'm looking for is a dirty, punchy, gnarly, raw, in your face tone.

What I'm worried about is that, having tested the MKIII 100 watt, the 50 watt mki might not have these qualities.

Could you guys give me some first hand advice, please?!

Many thanks in advance from fricking Germany,
Carlito

Okay, I could have asked that question was easier:

Will a rockerverb mki deliver a punchy and at least somewhat tight rhythm sound especially with palm mutes?

All the best,
Carlito

This thread is old but as a fan of the 6v6 rockerverb I feel it’s my duty to reply.

I’ve had mine since 2006 (head, not combo). I’d describe it as warm, dark, saturated. That’s with an orange 4x12 cab. It’s somewhat tight. Vh4 is tighter (I’ve tried one). I wouldn’t consider the orange raw, punchy or gnarly. Those adjectives make me think of a rectifier.

Back