Bumping SOLD items

napalmdeath

This is annoying.. Why do nitwits bump their thread when they sell an item? Can we put a sticky to stop it? It's ridiculous, because it bumps their thread to the top, and knocks others' down the front page who are still selling an item.

I just change my title to sold, can't understand the need, or thought process in making a post stating the item sold, and bumping it to the top?

napalmdeath":3h5q6nq1 said:
This is annoying.. Why do nitwits bump their thread when they sell an item? Can we put a sticky to stop it? It's ridiculous, because it bumps their thread to the top, and knocks others' down the front page who are still selling an item.

I just change my title to sold, can't understand the need, or thought process in making a post stating the item sold, and bumping it to the top?

Haha! I find this quite amusing. I see people do it on Craigslist as well! It's like " Look at me, see, I did sell it for what I wanted" Lol.

I've been doing it, but simply because I thought that's just the way it was done :dunno: Shit on me I guess.

I thought it was more a courtesy to those contemplating a buy that an item is now gone, had nothing to do with any statement saying "look at me guys, I sold it".

Valid point about it bumping down active classifieds; hadn't thought about that in my ignorance I guess. Apologies to those that feel fucked because of it!

MetalHeadMike":2ia3i90o said:
I've been doing it, but simply because I thought that's just the way it was done :dunno: Shit on me I guess.

I thought it was more a courtesy to those contemplating a buy that an item is now gone, had nothing to do with any statement saying "look at me guys, I sold it".

Valid point about it bumping down active classifieds; hadn't thought about that in my ignorance I guess. Apologies to those that feel fucked because of it!

Hahaha.. I was talking more about people on Craigslist with my remark. Its bit different on forums as a lot members are somewhat familiar with the group. Not necessarily bumping a sold item but marking them as sold.

When I sell something, I remove all content and pics, and edit the title to Delete. This is a courtesy to my buyer.

Back