My first amp build...

diocide

So I've been working on pedals and guitar electronics for a few years now. About s year ago I got into doing some light repairs on amp, including basic troubleshooting and biasing etc....

Over the summer I picked up a Weber 6S100 kit when they ran a sale on them. I finally got all the ancillary parts together and started wiring it today.

It's not much, but I got the filaments all connected. I used 20gauge solid core PTFE coated wire. This will be the main type of wire I use, since I use it in my pedals.

IiEgYao.jpg

Q5fVHhM.jpg

jEjSY1G.jpg

After some initial issues, the bias pots had to be changed, along with the output jacks and OHM selector.

vVDRqBd.jpg

AuZSlH3.jpg

I finally got around to buiding the headshell in the last couple week;

I used two layers of 1/2" birch ply. I doweled the ends and glued it.

X0ALp9J.jpg

BdMFeFn.jpg

2Df1Zwk.jpg

After routing and sanding, I cut out for all the hardware.

kpXLqF2.jpg

And test fit before tolex.

W6lND8x.jpg

And my first tolex attempt.

OHFpQGf.jpg

N2cJgLX.jpg

Looks really nice! I still wanna hear this puppy when she's up! I've been slaving endlessly on my recording studio\Track-Rehearsal rooms. I know how that "Are we there yet" thing goes.

HellraiserJohnny":klbgt37p said:
Looks really nice! I still wanna hear this puppy when she's up! I've been slaving endlessly on my recording studio\Track-Rehearsal rooms. I know how that "Are we there yet" thing goes.

It’s been done for quite a while. Lots of clips on my YouTube channel. Link in my sig.

Back