Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Sep 23, 2020 1:49am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 1:19am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Hi, anyone with a ADA MP-1 with the "Marshall Mod" (MOD 1) added?

This is just converting V2b to a Cathode Follower from a Gain Stage. Many amps including vintage Marshalls have a Cathode Follower or more than one, and it changes the feel and adds even harmonics as I understand it (as well as providing a Lo-Z output).

I just picked up a new ADA MP-1 Channel Pedal, which is a vintage rack v1 MP-1 minus MIDI, the Solid State Channel, and the Chorus (just the Tube Clean and Tube Distortion channels with a Buffer in a pedal format, along with a upgraded active tonestack with greater boost/cut on the middle control).

So, I'm thinking of doing the "Marshall Mod" to the pedal but would like to hear from anyone who has or had a vintage MP-1 with that mod first if possible?

Thx...!!!

P.S. The ADA MP-1 Channel Pedal sounds great using my Axe FX II for Tube Power Amp Sim/Cab Sim, plus FX etc.

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 12, 2020 11:42am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
djd100 wrote:
Hi, anyone with a ADA MP-1 with the "Marshall Mod" (MOD 1) added?

This is just converting V2b to a Cathode Follower from a Gain Stage. Many amps including vintage Marshalls have a Cathode Follower or more than one, and it changes the feel and adds even harmonics as I understand it (as well as providing a Lo-Z output).

I just picked up a new ADA MP-1 Channel Pedal, which is a vintage rack v1 MP-1 minus MIDI, the Solid State Channel, and the Chorus (just the Tube Clean and Tube Distortion channels with a Buffer in a pedal format, along with a upgraded active tonestack with greater boost/cut on the middle control).

So, I'm thinking of doing the "Marshall Mod" to the pedal but would like to hear from anyone who has or had a vintage MP-1 with that mod first if possible?

Thx...!!!

P.S. The ADA MP-1 Channel Pedal sounds great using my Axe FX II for Tube Power Amp Sim/Cab Sim, plus FX etc.

Question: Why do you need/want to modify these devices? I've owned both, and they're fine as-is.