Conversational question?

gtrplr71

Are modern mass produced amps to complex to modify such as Bias points on the back of say a Blackstar HT 40 or any all tube amp produced in mass? just curious I like being able to Bias without opening up an amp.

gtrplr71":359g6lwx said:
Are modern mass produced amps to complex to modify such as Bias points on the back of say a Blackstar HT 40 or any all tube amp produced in mass? just curious I like being able to Bias without opening up an amp.
It really depends on the amp. The HT series is made to not rebias, so adding external bias points on that amp wouldn't be too useful.

gtrplr71":1hgmz6m8 said:

Adding bias controls is a double edge sword. For those who know what they are doing they are great, for those who don't they end up damaging the amp. By putting the bias inside the amp, this keeps most not all, of the (don't know what they are doing) from damaging the amp. Helps with warranty and returns.

Back