Timmons' Strat?

amiller

I'm researching changing my Strat to get a tone a little closer to Andy Timmons' tone. I know he uses an Ibanez AT100CL. I plan on changing out my Strat's pups with the same pups in the AT100CL. The question I have is in regards to the pots. What values are in an American Standard Strat HSS and what values are in the AT100CL?

Note that he uses the Cruiser bridge pickup in the neck and middle position.

And the diagram on that site is not the same as how Andy's guitar is wired. I know he has a treble bleed, and I'm quite sure the middle pot is a tone for the singles.

guitarnerdswe":3kmnsrky said:
Note that he uses the Cruiser bridge pickup in the neck and middle position.

And the diagram on that site is not the same as how Andy's guitar is wired. I know he has a treble bleed, and I'm quite sure the middle pot is a tone for the singles.

Yeah, I thought there were differences. It sure would be nice to get the actual wiring diagram, pot values and other specs. Thanks for the tip on the Cruiser pups. I was guessing that the Cruisers were the bridge pups based on my research so far but I wasn't positive.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

It's probably wired with 500k pots, one tone to the bridge, one to the neck/middle. I'm guessing no split in the bridge/middle position (sounds like that in clips), 0,022uF tone cap to go with the 500k pots, and a 330pf cap for the treble bleed, since that is Ibanez standard value for treble bleed.

Back