Do I have a blown Speaker?

I'm running a pair of Scumback M75's @ both at 16ohms. I had the cab in my trunk a few days ago and forgot it was in there. It tipped over and fell flat onto the front side while I was driving. The other speaker sounds fine, but the other sounds like there's internal rattling going on, even at the lowest volumes.

My amplifier is a Matrix GT1000/Axe FX II. The speakers are in a Port city 212 with a Stereo/Mono switch. I run stereo into to two 8ohm inputs on the cab. With one cable plugged into the good speaker i still hear the rattling/buzzing/distortion of the other speaker.

I keep the matirx A/B levels at noon. I am wondering if maybe i pushed the level too far while trying to find a balance between the Axe out put and the matrix. but never have I turned A/B past 3 o'clock, and I'm always attentive of the signal light when it flashes.

Whenever a cab goes sideways there's a lot that can go wrong. You'll need to open it up, and test each speaker to see what's going on. Email me, or call me, and I'll help diagnose it. I'm in the shop all day with clients anyway.

MetalHeadMike":n1fko4l0 said:
Have you pulled the back panel and checked mounting screws?

you'd think that would be the first thing you do before posting on the internet right? .... not in todays world though :LOL: :LOL:

Back