Working on a pedal board.

diocide

I decided to make a dedicated display/demo board for my pedals. I wanted something I could bring around to shows and not worry about having to scrape stuff together each time.

So first I found an aluminium sided briefcase on Amazon. I thought getting a fancy road case type one, but they were all WAY too big.

From there I took some measurements and got some wood.

u8wnefF.jpg

I decided to go with cherry since it's somewhat inexpensive, yet looks very nice. I have a local furniture grade wood supplier and grabbed a piece that was about 1"x10"x10'. I had him rip and cut some of it to lengths I had pre determined.

I drew up some plans and proceeded to make a frame. I used a miter box for all the cross cuts, and i borrowed a table saw for the additional rips I needed. I guess the blade was a little dull!

xkIEW65.jpg

I basically built it upside down to keep the top flat. I used the miter box where I could and got the rough frame done.

Tzw2eEy.jpg

I then sanded it all nicey nice with a palm sander and some 60 grit. Then used 1-1/4" finish nails and glued it up.

WhMOhRZ.jpg

Once dry, I started by ripping a piece to about a 1"x3/8" and used those for slats.

Hc5sD65.jpg

I then copied it to the other side.

6ss1ay3.jpg

I then took out the slats and laid out some small frames using 1/2"x1/2" stock for it to sit on.

9pM58kR.jpg

Then I flipped it over and glued and nailed the supports.

Once those were dry, I fitted the slats.

6ss1ay3.jpg

Now I flipped it over and am preparing to attach the slats.

HEbMKNm.jpg

That's as far as I got over the last week. I'll update as I complete more of it.

Back