Modding a Friedman PT20 For More Gain

NewReligion

Part 1 Modding a Friedman PT20 for more gain and adding clipper selection on a on/off/on switch etc...

EDIT;;;

Personally, I wouldn't make a 220k series R switchable unless you make it foot switchable (for boost). Other than that, it's essentially the same as turning up the master a notch.

Change that first 68k/68k voltage divider (they are mounted directly to V1) to 68k/100k

That will get you a little more gain, and sound better IMHO.

I have that on a switch in my ultimate Friedman clone, and it always stays on 68k/100k

V2a":2kmst6x5 said:
Personally, I wouldn't make a 220k series R switchable unless you make it foot switchable (for boost). Other than that, it's essentially the same as turning up the master a notch.

Agreed. I have decided against it.

CrazyNutz":1hq7ozvd said:
Change that first 68k/68k voltage divider (they are mounted directly to V1) to 68k/100k

I have that on a switch in my ultimate Friedman clone, and it always stays on 68k/100k

Cool, thanks. I will definitely check that out!

Here is where I am at this point with all analog. I worked it out for more clarity between notes but retaining the sustain.

EDIT...

NewReligion":l9ygjcg5 said:
CrazyNutz":l9ygjcg5 said:

Here is where I am at this point with all analog. I worked it out for more clarity between notes but retaining the sustain.

Now that one sound good!

CrazyNutz":3prnyz3k said:
NewReligion":3prnyz3k said:
CrazyNutz":3prnyz3k said:

Now that one sound good!

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback CrazyNutz.

Back