Modded Marshall My Take On the Jose High Gain

NewReligion

Thanks to Guitar Rocker for aiding in running down the run away motorboat lmao!

I know this circuit has been beaten like a dead horse but it is cool to have in the arsenal. I will continue to evolve it to my taste as we all do.

I give credit to Mark Cameron for taking Jose Arredondo’s best work likely and making a polished improvement.

My take on a High Gain Jose. Same circuit Blades does without the switches. I took the components I preferred and changed some values and types.

David

Are the clippers engaged in your video? How much gain is there with no clipping. Low gain like most Joses?

Why do you insist on picking with the edge of the pick like that? It really clouds what the amp is doing, try picking more naturally. As it stands the video doesn't sound very good to me. But If you're not being so "edgy"constantly...who knows.
Just a friendly suggestion.

glip22":flg4vft0 said:
Are the clippers engaged in your video? How much gain is there with no clipping. Low gain like most Joses?

Hey bro. Yes clippers are constant. Cathodes are V1a/b 2.7k .68uf, V2a 820 .68uf...

David

lester":4ueieh55 said:
Why do you insist on picking with the edge of the pick like that? It really clouds what the amp is doing, try picking more naturally. As it stands the video doesn't sound very good to me. But If you're not being so "edgy"constantly...who knows.
Just a friendly suggestion.

Hey Lester. Is this Danny H? Anyway thanks for the guitar lesson lol.

Perhaps you can pick (PUN) this apart too.

:confused:
Maybe you're misunderstanding me.

Are you selling amps/mods...or your playing?
Just a suggestion - try this, use a neutral guitar with a not so hot pickup and less affect to your playing so someone can get an idea about your mod not your playing style...or not.

lester":2gotimml said:
:confused:
Maybe you're misunderstanding me.

Are you selling amps/mods...or your playing?
Just a suggestion - try this, use a neutral guitar with a not so hot pickup and less affect to your playing so someone can get an idea about your mod not your playing style...or not.

Dry like in the Jose OP at the top of the page?

Thanks again for your suggestions. I will likely continue to play both dry and wet, clean and dirty as in most of the videos on my YouTube page which displays some of the “Customer Okay” video’s. I cater to the preferences of the client. If you want sloppy wet live from the park I will provide it for you as a customer.

I am likely keeping this amp as I did add a passive loop and it turned to butter. Just waiting for the new white and gold full size head box in levant tolex. But I have to choose as I have too many personal amps. Likely move a high/low gain channel switching Pandora. I don’t need the income, I need the hobby as I retired at 50 and am enjoying life like an older teenager again.

YouTube is NewReligion1954 for any additional viewing or otherwise.

Respectfully, David

I planned on keeping this amp. But someone reached out today and decided that they would like to have it so who am I to say no. Congratulations. enjoy.

David

How and the world does anyone know the angle at which David is picking in the video?

My guess is that the millimeters of the pick and what it is made of, the length of his nails, the percentage of sweat on his fingers and the angle of sound reflection, based on the 6 heads in the video, limit the acoustic potential of the amp. Hurry, you must staple an egg crate mattress to your wall & re-shoot the video before anyone views it again. Good grief. :thumbsup:

ZR4400":3v4zl14n said:
How and the world does anyone know the angle at which David is picking in the video?

My guess is that the millimeters of the pick and what it is made of, the length of his nails, the percentage of sweat on his fingers and the angle of sound reflection, based on the 6 heads in the video, limit the acoustic potential of the amp. Hurry, you must staple an egg crate mattress to your wall before anyone views the video again. Good grief. :thumbsup:

LMAO... apparently it’s all about the angle of the dangle.

NewReligion":fk259xah said:
ZR4400":fk259xah said:

My guess is that the millimeters of the pick and what it is made of, the length of his nails, the percentage of sweat on his fingers and the angle of sound reflection, based on the 6 heads in the video, limit the acoustic potential of the amp. Hurry, you must staple an egg crate mattress to your wall before anyone views the video again. Good grief. :thumbsup:

Heat of the meat X the mass of the ass = the angle of the dangle. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":3asz6cx4 said:
NewReligion":3asz6cx4 said:
ZR4400":3asz6cx4 said:

:hys:

psychodave":22h2x7lk said:
NewReligion":22h2x7lk said:
ZR4400":22h2x7lk said:

:rock: :thumbsup:

the beat of the meat is directly proportional to the mass of the ass if the angle of the dangle remains constant

Nice playing!!!! However your holding the pick it kicks ass!! I guess part of being good is accepting everyone wont like it. I did, that's not a 10 minute a day practice routine I dont think. Those chops take dedication I hope. If not I need to quit!!! Is this by chance the amp in the classifieds? regardless clip sounds killer

Beandust":1ackf3it said:
Nice playing!!!! However your holding the pick it kicks ass!! I guess part of being good is accepting everyone wont like it. I did, that's not a 10 minute a day practice routine I dont think. Those chops take dedication I hope. If not I need to quit!!! Is this by chance the amp in the classifieds? regardless clip sounds killer

Thanks for the great compliment.

No it is not the Jose I built. That was a 1981 JMP 2203 pushed with a SD-1. It was posted in response to someone hearing my playing and criticizing my picking by stating why do I insist on using the edge of my pick all the time as if they could hear that lol. So I threw that up to show I use my pick just as a jet fighter uses sweep wings. Pick flat when playing slow and roll back on the edge of the 1.5mm pick when playing fast for less resistance.

The amp for sale sounds great. It has a passive loop. I drilled the holes so that a Metropoulos Zero Loss Loop would fit right in as an upgrade.

David

Back