1977 Jmp Hopkins 2 Channel Pandora MM OT

NewReligion

I have worked with 4 MM OT's. This is the first time I really like the response. Clarity, in a word.

Burning in a new build (4 stages of tube gain here) Pandora Plus foot switching Clean Channel. Metropoulos Zero Loss Loop. All tube at this point. MM OT

Will add dual global by-passable clippers tomorrow.

I usually use heyboer for transformers. The price difference between heyboer and MM are nuts for what I have noticed just a subtle difference. I am on a lower budget than usual now because I am in the middle of divorce.

Nice build! Cool as hell.

swamptrashstompboxes":129w3ntv said:
I usually use heyboer for transformers. The price difference between heyboer and MM are nuts for what I have noticed just a subtle difference. I am on a lower budget than usual now because I am in the middle of divorce.

Nice build! Cool as hell.

Thank you. I hope all goes well for you.

David

Sounds great!! Do you usually use they Heyborer? Your saying you can tell a good difference? It sounds good

Beandust":15n9sdbm said:
Sounds great!! Do you usually use they Heyborer? Your saying you can tell a good difference? It sounds good
The transformers do sound different. But, assuming they are the same B+ for power and same primary/secondary impedance for output they will sound close. Personally I think MM sounds warmer/neutral, and i feel that Heyboer and Classictone sound more vintage/chimey. I've done identical circuits will all 3 and they are all close enough that you can compensate with slight micro adjustments in the tone/presence controls.

scottosan":1oj1l9ca said:
I've done identical circuits will all 3 and they are all close enough that you can compensate with slight micro adjustments in the tone/presence controls.

That is what I have always would have thought.

Everything has a difference, but a lot of times small changes can make up for it.

I just cannot justify the price difference between them.

Back