DIY amp, too hissy?

Recon

Hi,

I've bulid my own amp, higain-one, it is some kind of Bogner xtc variation with a bit different voicing. Till this day i was rather very satisfied with its sound, but i changed pickups in my guitar from EMG's Lukather set, to DiMarzio passive ones - with Transition dp255 on bridge. New pickups sounds huge, very fast, and warm too.

The main problem is, that i noticed more high freq hiss/sizzle in my sound. I recorded a simple sample, nothing special, just SM57, 100% crude *.wav zero post processing, effects from my pedalboard, relatively quiet. First part of sample - crude without filter, second part - with 24db 9kHz low-pass filter only.

https://soundcloud.com/pawe-kapli-ski/hiss

What do you think guys, is it on normal lvl for higain? And it is only me overreacting?

Cheers!

Most high gain amps have some hiss. This didnt seem all that extreme to me unless you were using a noise gate with that section.

ClintN667":d7v586dm said:
Most high gain amps have some hiss. This didnt seem all that extreme to me unless you were using a noise gate with that section.

I am going to agree.

As much as some people do not like EMG, they are VERY quiet.

The only ones I found so far were the klee sequencer and the mfos but I wasn’t seeing if the mfos was definitely eurorack compatible

So you are looking for a kit.

Back