Pick Hand Grip On Pick

I wasn't sure if this is where I should post this.but here goes.

I started using Dunlop Ultex picks when they first came out and not ever changing from them,but even with my maximum grip using thumb and index finger to hold pick I have noticed I can't keep these Ultex picks from sliding around while playing,so I have done some experimenting.

I tried filing grooves,drilling holes etc and nothing helped,so I remembered my old skateboard from 35+ years ago had black grip tape on the top of the board,so I decided to look into the grip tape online,and found it cheap on Ebay for a big roll of it

When the grip tape arrived I put my pick on the back peel off part and outlined it,cut it out and then kept about 5/8 of it towards the top section,peeled backing tape off and stuck to top of pick. .use grip tape side for my thumb.

It worked perfectly..no more slipping at all and the good thing is the size of grip tape can be made to whatever or however much I need,so if you have tried lots of other things to keep your pick from moving around in between your fingers try some Skate board Grip Tape..also if you put the tape on both sides it actually has too much grip,so use as needed.

I've been a tortex user forever and find they don't slide around as much as others. But I grabbed a couple picks a while back that are designed with grip texturing and tell ya what....They DO NOT move around at all; almost like it's glued to your damn fingers. Took me a while to get used to but I dig them now.

Dunlop carbon fiber jazz iii's. They are etched/textured so heavy that it's hard to drop one if you try.

MetalHeadMike":2c4sx9x7 said:
I've been a tortex user forever and find they don't slide around as much as others. But I grabbed a couple picks a while back that are designed with grip texturing and tell ya what....They DO NOT move around at all; almost like it's glued to your damn fingers. Took me a while to get used to but I dig them now.
I tried the Dava picks that have their version of non slip grip,and I couldn't get used to them so that was the final try and then went to the grip tape.
If you happen to have the name of those picks please put info here.

riffermadness":37zlpddo said:
MetalHeadMike":37zlpddo said:
I tried the Dava picks that have their version of non slip grip,and I couldn't get used to them so that was the final try and then went to the grip tape.
If you happen to have the name of those picks please put info here.

I wish I knew what the brand was but I just grabbed a couple last time I was in the shop and didn't pay attention :aww: The pick has a little symbol on it so I could take a pic and maybe somebody would recognize it.

I pick with the side of the pick and I can't stand anything on the pick . If I drop it i just grab another

The carbon fiber jazz iii's don't even wear. Lol. I have had the same twenty some for five years. Lol

Back