Elan mkv

Dylheaven27

I can’t get my elan mkv to work on my pedal board with my other pedals . Everything has power but no sound .either everything else in my chain works. Or just the elan . Any suggestions !? I’m stumped .

Yeah works fine on it’s own . In the chain not getting anything ? I don’t think it’s a power draw , it has a separate 15v power supply . I’m stumped ?

Pull everything else, including cables, off the board but the Elan, then put each piece back on one at a time, and play through your board into your amp after each addition. Could be a bad cable, could be something doesn't like the signal it's seeing, could be something else entirely.

lockingtuner":30s5e44g said:
Pull everything else, including cables, off the board but the Elan, then put each piece back on one at a time, and play through your board into your amp after each addition. Could be a bad cable, could be something doesn't like the signal it's seeing, could be something else entirely.

That is what you need to do, as painstaking as it may be. Isolate, add the others in, and conquer.

Tried it 1st pedal didn’t work ? Not sure what I’m doing wrong !? Anyone have any exp with this pre amp in a chain !?

Dylheaven27":3stepe26 said:
Tried it 1st pedal didn’t work ? Not sure what I’m doing wrong !? Anyone have any exp with this pre amp in a chain !?

Could you please clarify? The details could be important and I can read your post a few different ways.

Amp to pre amp straight I’m fine , pre. Amp I’m daisy chain other pedals . No sound cables and power source all good .

Dylheaven27":1hlhpdgi said:
Amp to pre amp straight I’m fine , pre. Amp I’m daisy chain other pedals . No sound cables and power source all good .

Try hooking up the MK5 and just one other pedal with cables your are certain are good but power the MK5 and the pedal from different power sources so that the MK5 and the pedal are not ultimately sharing the same plug in the wall. Once you've tried that, let us know how it went.

Guitar 1st . I checked elans website they mentioned a floorboard switcher. I’m starting to think you need that to run in a chain ?

Dylheaven27":16dhuw8c said:
Guitar 1st . I checked elans website they mentioned a floorboard switcher. I’m starting to think you need that to run in a chain ?

If you can't get any results otherwise, maybe just contact him. Usually these problems come down to power draw, bad cable(s), or placement in a chain, meaning some pedals want to be first, some want to be after dirt, some want to be in the effects loop. Other times, it's just something weird with the pedal itself, like a point of contact not being made when a patch cable is at a particular angle.

Back