Mark V 25 DI mod to disable Cab Clone sim

Voron

Hello my friends!
Does any of you have modded MarkV:25 to disable CabClone on DI out?
If so can you share the mod?
Or maybe someone have a schematics of CabClone DI ??? Will be appreciated!!!
:rock:

Hi, I came here over a google search and I know it's an old thread ;-) Did you find a solution or a work around to record just the amp signal without the built-in IR?

Yes, but I think the power amp has some influence on the sound or isn't it that dramatic?
(I'm on the waiting list for more than a year now - so I still cannot test it by myself in the moment ;-))

You can add an external "slave out" circuit to the amp output. It's just a couple of resistors to pad the speaker output so you can run it into an interface. My favorite way to record with IRs

Yes, but I think the power amp has some influence on the sound or isn't it that dramatic?
(I'm on the waiting list for more than a year now - so I still cannot test it by myself in the moment ;-))
Never compared it directly with my Mesa CabClone IR (load+IRs) but I bet in a full mix it won't be of a difference. Worth a try. I'll see if I can find some time to do a comparison in the coming days.

Never compared it directly with my Mesa CabClone IR (load+IRs) but I bet in a full mix it won't be of a difference. Worth a try. I'll see if I can find some time to do a comparison in the coming days.
As soon as the amp arives I'll do a comparison, too (send vs. X-Load). I compared the Fractal X-Load to the Torpedo and there was clearly a difference in sound. I think, the Mark V has a resistive load. So probably it's better to use my X-Load for it, too (unfortunetly there is nothing free on my amp switch anymore ;-)).

You can add an external "slave out" circuit to the amp output. It's just a couple of resistors to pad the speaker output so you can run it into an interface. My favorite way to record with IRs
Sounds good! Do you know something like a manual or a how to somewhere online? I wouldn't do it by myself, but would be an interesting read.

Back