TC Electronics 2290/1210/2240/1128 Repair Info

texmarkmusic

For those of us who still own and covet what I consider to be the golden era of TC effect units, I found a guy who rehabs, routines, repairs, etc these units. Brian Thompson @ T&R Electronics in Arizona was with TC Electronics back in the day and now does amazing stuff keeping these units going. Just sent my pristine TC 2290 to him because it was throwing “error 22” on power up. He did maintenance on it and tells me it should be good for another 15-20 years. No more errors. I would encourage anyone who owns or is thinking about buying one of these units to have him routine it. He works on all the cool old stuff including the TC 1210, TC 2240/1140, TC 1128, and the original pedals. Website is tnrelectronics.com. Please excuse if this should go in another forum. This is not a sales pitch but more of a head’s up for folks who love this stuff. I have no affiliation with T&R...I just appreciate having a resource like this for “vintage” irreplaceable gear...

T&R repaired a TC1210 for me a few years back. Had a trashed power supply, and needed some other update. I didn't keep the unit, but T&R service is the best. Brian works on older Lexicon gear as well. I don't know of a location in Arizona? Last I knew, he was located in Ojai, CA.

https://www.manta.com/c/mbyttyg/t-r-electronics

I don't recommend. I payed this guy 85 dollars for ribbon cable for 2290. The price is okey, but I've never received it. He doesn't pick up phone calls nor respond to e-mails. After I payed him he disappeared. The money was returned to me by paypal after 3 months. I'm happy I didn't pay him as "friends and familly" otherwise I'm convinced he would steal it.

Back