2204 Build

ClintN667

I finished my 2204 build finally. Took a bit longer than I had hoped and I ended up needing to buy more cable and a few other bits. The first time I plugged it up it blew a fuse. I missed soldering one lead so I took care of that and then I checked the voltages and everything looked fine. So I put the tubes in and got some loud chords played before my wife shut me down. Anyway there was a bit of static and some popping noises that I need to sort out plus I need to bias the tubes properly but this was a great feeling seeing the power button light up and hearing the first notes on it. After I sort out the issues with the noise I'm going to redo some bits and try to get a cleaner look internally. I'm really stoked though since after the first power up I felt really defeated and that I wasted all that time and money. Now that I know it works I can use it to learn some troubleshooting. I think I'm going to try a plexi build next after I'm satisfied 100% with this one.

Congrats! Once you experience your first build, it is very difficult to stop building :)

I highly recommend using a light bulb current limiter for first fire up. Google it, $8 from parts from home Depot.

Congrats! It's a good feeling when it fires up.

Yeah I've been looking at the building the light bulb current limiter. I may go grab the stuff tomorrow.

It IS addictive. Thinking of maybe doing a Chupacabra or Yeti kit next. First I need to work on my workspace.

Back